Accounts and Administrative Officer at the Bank Directors Association of Nigeria
The Bank Directors Association of Nigeria (BDAN) was established at the 13th Annual Bank Directors Seminar held in Abuja in June 1997 under the auspices of the industry regulators, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), and Nigeria Deposit Corporation (NDIC) with high-level support from FITC. We are a non-profit making organisation Limited by Guarantee which was set up to be an effective forum for representing the interests of Banks Directors in Nigeria. BDAN seeks to promote sustainable banking best practices with Banks in Nigeria and collaborate with regulatory agencies and other stakeholders to ensure the public interest.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accounts and Administrative Officer
Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
- We are currently recruiting a suitable Accounts and Administrative Officer whose current Administrative objective is to ensure that the Association's Secretariat and Activities run smoothly and efficiently to minimise wastage; while achieving its objectives. Our Financial objective is to plan our expenditures and investments and manage funds in a way that leads to a sustainable organisation.
- The Accounts and Administrative Officer will be responsible for the management of the organisation's day-to-day administrative processes as well as its facility management.
- This role requires multitasking across a range of responsibilities, including organising company records, overseeing department budgets, maintaining inventory of office supplies, scheduling of meetings and activities of the Association, receiving and forwarding communications, and taking care of more general clerical duties. The Administrative officer will also be responsible for event planning and organisation, as well as serving as a first contact for all enquires.
- The role also involves handling accounting duty which is to keep precise records of incoming and outgoing payments for the Association. This may include arranging payment requests, making payments for services, verifying accounts payable and receivable, and researching financial accounts activity, among other duties.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Preparing monthly bank reconciliation and reports to accompany monthly management accounts.
- Prepare debt/subscription recovery schedules and reconciliation.
- Posting accounting information daily and ensuring backup of electronic data.
- Assisting with the preparation and consolidation of annual accounting reports.
- Assist management in the decision-making process by preparing budgets and financial forecasts.
- Creating periodic reports, such as balance sheets, profit & loss statement, etc.
- Reconciling balance sheets as well as maintaining accurate financial records on a frequent basis.
- Analysing expenditures against budget, investigating annual and monthly financial accounts.
- Update and follow new transactions and balances of bank accounts and reconcile with the accounting book.
- Oversee the secretariat's running budget while always maintaining a professional image of the organisation.
- Prepare and record accounting documents as prescribed.
- Provide adequate, timely and accurate financial information as requested.
- Monitor, update and manage budgets.
- Prepare monthly income and expenditure reports.
- Manage fixed assets of the Association.
- Prepare and manage monthly payroll and computing of taxes.
- Assist in updating the preferred vendor list and asset inventory.
- Responsible for organising and managing the schedules of all staff, managers, and Directors.
- Maintain and update company database as and when necessary.
- Assist in organising events for the Association
- Oversee secretariat's running budget while always maintaining a professional image of the organisation.
- Responsible for management of the organisation's filling system.
- Receiving and processing communication channels, including email, phone and physical mail.
- Responsible for the management of all personnel communication and databases.
- Ensure functionality and requisitioning necessary office supplies and equipment.
- Research and recommend new and better offers, vendors and suppliers.
- Creating report and memos for Staff and Executive officers as the need arises
- Responsible for taking minutes of meetings and developing the minutes in a timely manner when required.
- Responsible for the management of all facility of the organisation which includes but not limited to maintenance, repairs and supplies.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of work plans for the allocation of office spaces in a bid to generate income for the Association.
- Inspecting organisation's facility to determine the need for repairs and renovations.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating all installations and refurbishments
- Responsible for managing the upkeep of equipment and supplies to meet health and safety standards.
- B.Sc / HND in Accounting, Business Administration, or any related field.
- 3-5 years of work experience as an Accounts and Administrative Officer.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with internal and external business partners and staff at all levels.
- Solid knowledge of office procedures
- Ability to think strategically and be creative in carrying out assigned task.
- Comfortable working independently when needed, or as part of a team.
- Experience with office management software like MS Office (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint.
- Proficient in the use of accounting software (Sage or QuickBooks)
- Excellent organisational skills including ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Ability to coordinate several projects to a successful completion with little or no supervision.
- Excellent communication skills including professional phone, email and social media etiquette.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- For more information, contact: [email protected].
Application Deadline 29th September, 2023.