Admin Officer at African Youth for Peace Development and Empowerment Foundation
African Youth for Peace Development and Empowerment Foundation (AFRYDEV) is a youth led non-governmental, non-proﬁt and non-sectarian development organization established in 2013 with the mission to serve as a platform for enlightenment and empowerment of youth society for peace and development through active participation by mainstreaming their issues and concerns into national development agenda based on United Nation Sustainable Development Goals.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Admin Officer
Contract Period: 6 Month
Commencement Date: 3rd May, 2021
- The Administrative Officer will report to the Senior Program Officer and is largely responsible for providing operational and administrative support to the organization operations and programs.
- The Administrative Officer will organize and coordinate administration duties and office procedures and leads in creating and maintaining a pleasant work environment, and ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety.
- The Administrative Officer will manage the front desk, and – as such – is the initial point of contact for all employees and visitors. The Administrative Officer ensures that the administrative activities within the office run smoothly on a daily basis.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain effective administrative system, which support the logistics and activities of the program, ensure that office equipment is maintained, relevant records are up to date and that all administration processes work effectively.
- Maintains and organize the office operations and procedures; designing and managing the filing systems; reviewing supply requisitions (stationery, equipment & utility payments) and supervising clerical/support staff.
- Processing and directing mail and incoming packages or deliveries
- Performing general duties to include, but not limited to: photocopying, mailing, binding and filing; screening telephone calls, handling enquiries, receiving all visitors and provide general support;
- Maintaining hard copy and electronic filing system of all project documentations in accordance with AFRYDEV policies and regulations;
- Scheduling meetings and appointments within the office and ensure appropriate communication, prepare boardroom and data projector for meetings; prepare beverages and lunch for meetings;
- Coordinating with IT provider on all office equipment and IT related issues;
- Setting-up conference calls, booking and reserving conference rooms.
- Preparing agendas, name tags and attendance registers for meetings and workshops.
- Overseeing all clerical workers and ensure that the office is kept clean at all times and ensure office orderliness and professional appearance.
- Ensuring that after hours/special holiday messages are recorded, retrieved, and communicated to the relevant people where needed.
- Maintaining an up-to-date contact list for the program, both internal and external contacts.
- Take minutes at administrative team meetings and ensure that proper record keeping is taking place and maintained.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with (AFRYDEV) program staff and the beneficiaries
- Maintains office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems layouts.
- Co-ordination and maintenance of systems related to Housekeeping.
- Maintaining the condition of the office facilities and arranging for necessary repairs
- Implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; and recommend for necessary adjustments.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions
- Reviewing and updating Health and Safety Policies and ensuring they are observed;
- Arranging regular testing for electrical equipment and safety devices
- Being a point of contact for a range of staff and external stakeholders
- Approachable and good listenership skills Ability to work independently or as part of a team on multiple tasks in a high intensity environment.
- Strong individual initiative, including the ability to manage daily activities and achieve expected results with minimal oversight.
- Strong organizational and planning skills required; and
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
- Planning in-house or off-site activities, like parties and celebrations such as birthdays and other holidays.
- Maintaining basic administrative tracker logs (i.e. kitchen items, stationery and etc.).
- Office space management and ensuring the building meets Fire, Health and Safety requirements.
- Helping with security assessments in the field locations if required and the establishment of effective physical and procedural security measures.
- Writing and issuing emails to teams and departments on behalf of teams or senior staff
- Perform other tasks, as assigned.
- Collaboration / Ethical Operating Standards:
- Working effectively with stakeholders to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Qualification and Skills
- Degree, HND in a relevant field
- 3 years of previous experience in managing similar position in a nonprofit organization is highly desirable
- Ability to work under pressure, with little or no supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, as well as knowledge of Hausa.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook).
- Proven intellectual capacity and willingness to learn
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter as single PDF document addressed to "African Youth for Peace Development and Empowerment Foundation, (AFRYDEV)" via: [email protected] and copy [email protected] using the "Position title" as the subject of the e-mail.
- AFRYDEV is an equal opportunity employer, does not discriminate gender, religion or ethnicity.
- AFRYDEV recruitment and selection procedures do not involve any form of payment to the organization, staff and or any assigned third party, request of such kinds should be immediately reported.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 18th April, 2021.