Administrative Assistant at the Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS)
The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Akwa Ibom
Level of Effort: Full Time
- Will support the Admin officer and departmental staff in the provision of administrative and logistical services.
- S/He will assist in arranging travel logistics for staff, consultants and training participants including hotel reservations and where required, arranging airport and hotel pick-ups.
- Handle all photocopying assignments, development and printing of documents and photographs including reproduction of recorded videotapes for the office.
- Tracking and reporting monthly/ weekly activity updates, following up with hotels for meeting venues and other activities, logistics for trainings and comfort of participants.
- S/He will assist the admin officer with checking and reviewing generator logbooks filled by the security personnel, following up with Generator vendor for generator maintenance and diesel payment, supervise drivers and vehicle movements, review and sign project vehicle log, monitor and track vehicle fuel consumption and request for refill/payment when required with updated fuel consumption tracker.
- Assist in the provision of logistic support for workshops and trainings, maintenance of an efficient records/storage of all office supplies and coordinate all administrative and secretarial support services for the CO (as relevant and serve as point of contact for logistical and administrative needs of the location.
- S/He will also be responsible for ensuring all payment vouchers are stamped and signed, ensuring that correspondence, memos, and reports are properly filed, send out meeting invites for approved meetings, take minutes of meetings and circulate to meeting participants.
- Update asset records/inventory and monitor movement of office assets.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- University Degree, recognized equivalent or HND
- Familiarity with international NGOs is an advantage
- Experience with large complex organization preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience
- Familiarity with administrative and secretarial skills is an advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send a detailed Resume and a one-page Cover Letter as one (1) MS Word document explaining suitability for the position to "Human Resources Unit" via: [email protected]
- Application must explicitly state your Full Names, the Position of interest with prefered location as the subject of the email.
- Candidates are advised to provide three professional referees with email addresses and phone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply. ECEWS has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
- ECEWS does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 22nd September, 2022.