Agricultural Procurement Specialist at Promasidor
Promasidor - We are an African company proud of our heritage and totally committed to the continent. We manufacture, market and sell unique brands which bring practicality and pleasure to millions of consumers across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Agricultural Procurement Specialist
Employment Type: Full-time - Associate
CSCS Category: Supply Chain, Purchasing and Procurement
Reporting line: To Group Procurement Director
Career Level: Mid-Level
Job Scope & Purpose
- The Group Agricultural Procurement Specialist pro-actively supports/leads the procurement activities of Promasidor Opsco by organizing adequate acquisition raw materials.
- He/she is also the primary responsible for supporting supplier development plan, sourcing, product specification and standardisation and takes care of clear communications about delivery lead times and replies to any other inquiries of requestors.
- Scope: Manufacturing Opscos in subsahara( Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Ethiopia and Malda Pack)
- Work across Promasidor Opscos to understand, plan and prioritize purchasing needs.
- Review, track and communicate shortage and back order reports.
- Supports handling occurrences when contracts or agreements are not kept
- Lead finance and logistics group resources in resolving discrepancies.
- Identify opportunities and implement actions to achieve efficiencies.
- Contribute to consolidation, reduction, and rationalization of the local supplier base.
- Build strong relationships with local suppliers.
- Track plans, orders and optimum delivery dates and costs.
- Supports Identification, development of local suppliers.
- Actively contribute in negotiating contracts, agreements and pricing with suppliers.
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain / Agriculture / Logistics Management or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experiences in purchasing/procurement position.
- Proven experience in cereal grains raw materials procurement.
- Having an experience in chemical purchase will be a plus.
- English language is mandatory; French will be a plus.
- Working in PLCs, involving in the procurement of Business Companies in Africa
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Certified Procurement Professional (CPP®) certification.
- CSCS Category: Supply Chain, Purchasing and Procurement
- Location: Lagos
- Career Level: Mid-Level ( 5+ - 10 years’ experience)
- Employment Type: Full time
- Reporting line: To Group Procurement Director
- Salary: TBD
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Attach CVs in PDF only