APM Terminals Job in Lagos for a Finance Manager
APM Terminals is an independent business unit within the Danish Maersk
Group - a Global Fortune 500 company with about 89,000 employees and
offices in 130 countries with global growth opportunities in a range of
fields from shipping and energy to our offshore and manufacturing
industries - Join us to achieve even your most ambitious career goals!
We are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more than 60
countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port
operations and container management services.
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to
experience different cultures and make friends all over the world.
You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our
offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is
APM Terminals is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Who we are looking for:
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting and responsible for closing process
- Perform monthly controlling and analysis
- Analyse numbers and address any issues or discrepancies
- Verification of deductions (PAYE/NHF/Pension)
- Full Balance Sheet Reconciliation
- Statutory and fiscal compliance (Company taxation/VAT/WHT)
- Preparation of Statutory Accounts
- Management Reporting: HFM update
- Forecasting & Budgeting: Variance Analysis
- Ensure safe and sound status of liquid fund, improve net working
capital management, maintain proactive dialogue and follow up with
accounts receivable key stakeholders.
- Completeness and Accuracy of the General Ledger
- Drive quarterly financial forecasting to ensure accuracy and ensure that achievable targets set
- Drive TCO (Take Cost Out) and Revenue Improvement initiatives as per Annual Operating Plan.
- Thorough analysis and review, dig deeper in the data reported
and improve the quality of the reports including commentary for Managing
Director and SMT members.
- Payroll : manage timely payment of payroll and adherence to payroll tax
- Liaison with HR department and PWC outsource facility
- Fixed Asset Register and depreciation
- Spare Parts inventory account management
- Accounts Receivable: Credit Control: Receipting
- Accounts Payable: Supplier payment in accordance with company authorization/approvals
- Revenue and Cost accruals as per APM GAAP and IAS
- Education - Master's Degree in Finance/ACCA/CA preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of APM Terminals operational practices preferred.
- Experience in the operation of APM Terminals container facilities preferred.
- Analyzes performance statistics and trends in order to identify
areas for improvements and cost savings i.e. cost saving potentials
- Experience - Minimum 5 years of demonstrated financial
management experience in mid size company with monthly turnover of NGN 1
- Extensive knowledge of setting of Rofo/budgets, reporting in
HFM/ZIMPL, inventory control systems and accounting, knowledge of ERP
systems, IFS financials software is an advantage.
How to Apply
- This position offers career development, exposure to
multinational systems and process as well as an outstanding opportunity
to join a professional team at APM Terminals and contribute to the
success of the global organization.
- You will have the opportunity to build up a broad network in the
organization with Executives and senior leaders in the business as
well as within the Finance function in the region.
- Exposure and visibility is high and the role offers the
opportunity to both contribute to the strategic agenda as well as
gaining experience in daily high impact operational decisions
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply