APM Terminals Jobs in Lagos for a Personal assistant to the Managing Director
APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000 employees spread across more
than 60 countries united by a passion to provide our expertise in port
operations and container management services. By providing the
expertise and port infrastructure essential to world trade, we actively
support the advancement of the societies around us, enabling local
economies to unlock their potential and build an even stronger global
APM Terminals is recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Personal assistant to Managing Director
Qualification and Experience
- Represents the MD, where appropriate in internal meetings, while making informed decisions within his authority.
- Liaises with stakeholders and other employees as appropriate and directed.
- Generates and processes documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
- Screens telephone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them as appropriate.
- Receives and manages the entertainment of the MD's visitors.
- Manages all correspondences in form of letters, emails and taking dictation and minutes.
- Organizes and attends meetings with the MD, taking minutes and ensuring the MD is well-prepared for meetings.
- Manage and update the MD's calendar/diary with appropriate reminders on schedules.
- Arranges travel and accommodation and, occasionally, traveling
with the MD to provide general assistance during travel, meetings or
- Carries out background research and presenting findings into subjects of interest to the MD.
- Organizes and stores paperwork, documents and computer-based information for the office of the MD.
- Other tasks as required by the Managing director.
- Bachelor's degree in Law, Business Administration or related field from an accredited university.
- At least three to five years of experience as a personal assistant to a top management professional
- Qualification as a Chartered institute of Secretaries and Administrators is desirable
- A masters degree (MBA preferred) would be an advantage
- Must have extensive knowledge of Secretarial and document control
- Requires proficiency in various software applications and programs, specifically ALL Microsoft Office suites
- Knowledge of multicultural systems, diversity and inclusion
- Must be familiar with basic legal concepts, contractual agreements and SLA’s.
- Must have business acumen
- Basic knowledge of branding and communication
How to Apply
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage confidential information on daily basis
- Ability to empathize, be tactful, and diplomatic
- Well developed English oral, written communications and report writing skills.
- Requires capability to anticipate problems by recognizing the
key issues in problems and creating contingency plans and alternative
- Ability to work both independently and within a group
- Ability to set priorities and multi task
- Ability to network, interact and influence key decision makers within and outside circle of influence
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online