Auditor at Precious Palm Royal Hotel
Precious Palm Royal Hotel is a sensational resort strategically located in a serene and cozy and Transport, Headquarters, Lagos – Benin Expressway. Isiohor, Ugbowo environment; and shares a common boundary with the Nigerian Army School of Supply, Benin City, Edo State, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Auditor
Location: Benin, Edo
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Join in receiving goods in the store – comparing the actual market list and actual purchase
- Check daily attendance of staff
- Audit swimming pool sales and the gym
- Audit pool kitchen, boutique sales, salon, bars, restaurant, main kitchen, front desk, rooms and other cash/sales point
- Audit other SBUs - their payable and receivable
- Assist in checking and auditing of salary payroll
- Keep record of the company current and non-current assets
- In charge of purchases of diesel
- Prepare payable and receivable ledger for all invoices
- Audit all revenue centers, consumption points, purchases etc.
- Carry out occasional checks of physical stock in all stores and compare with bin cards balance.
- Verify all quotations received in respect of purchase of goods
- Join to witness the receiving into store of all goods delivered by suppliers and to sign the relevant portion of the goods received note (GRN).
- Verify that all transactions performed at the front desk and cash office are supported by documentary evidence and signatures as necessary and that they have been correctly posted
- Verifies all account postings and balances.
- Verifies that room rates are correct and posted to guest accounts.
- Track room revenues, occupancy rates, and other front office and cash office statistics.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for accuracy. Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information.
- Understand principles of auditing, balancing, and closing out accounts.
- Perform nightly balancing of in-room video and long-distance telephone services
- Audit all book of accounts – such as cash book (receivable and payable), sales day book, purchase day book etc.
- Audit all invoices from suppliers
- Carry out from time to time surprise cash count checks on the cashiers.
- Verify the physical existence of the fixed assets of the hotel, by use of the fixed assets register.
- Report all cases of improprieties, fraud, irregular practices etc to the Management through the Chief auditor without delay.
- Ensure cleanliness of the office and yourself at all times.
- Any other duties as may be assigned to you by the Chief Auditor or Management from time to time.
- Candidates should possess Bachelor's Degree or HND qualification with at least 5 years work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com and cc. firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the e-mail.
Application Deadline: 20th September, 2021.