Chief Operations Officer at Spurt
Spurt! is a dynamic consortium of professionals keen to collaborate with African entrepreneurs to build more efficient, more productive, and strategic businesses. Our practice is focused on deployments of technology, human-centered design thinking, and data analytics for business growth and expansion.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Operations Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- We are looking for a Chief Operating Officer keen on driving efficiency and growth in Spurt!.
- This is a great fit for someone who is motivated and detail-oriented who also wants to grow with the company and learn about the world of startups. If that sounds like you, read on!
- We are a fully remote company and, consequently, can employ individuals passionate about African Development in any part of the world.
- Creating/managing well-written and polished materials for Spurt!’s communications, including quarterly updates, annual impact updates and all Spurt!’s related matters.
- Maintaining and updating Spurt!’s marketing materials and portfolio company presentations as appropriate.
- Access overall company’s performance, review financial statements and data; also utilize financial data to improve profitability
- Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity.
- Manage customer service by planning and supporting sales and marketing activities.
- Implement strategy and vision, build the Company’s culture, and serve as a key member of the senior management team. The COO will work systematically to meet Spurt!’s goals by addressing key staffing, process, and infrastructure issues.
- Provide oversight for the training, mentoring, and capacity building at Spurt!. Be an internal advocate for efficiency, productivity, and professional development.
- Act as oversight to hire and will partner with the Finance Lead to prepare budgets and forecasts and play a formative role in building the culture of Spurt! around community service, accountability and results.
- Interfacing with vendors in support of finance, legal, operations and administrative functions
- Plan meetings, own important Company’s internal processes from start to finish including social media, newsletter, events, programming,running the office etc. and maintain internal records and databases.
- Coordinate and manage company’s daily calendars and maintain and update internal databases and CRM Software.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of departmental and organizations goals; specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services (HR, IT and Finance), through improvements to each function as well as coordination and communication between support and business functions.
- Assess and identify new opportunities for growth in current and prospective markets.
- Supervise employees’ deliverables and give feedback.
- Manage the day-to-day Spurt! activities.
- Perform regular employee evaluations to determine areas of improvement.
- Design business strategies and plans to meet Spurt! ’s goals.
- Write reports on activities, suggestions and next steps achieved monthly.
- Develop a comprehensive company budget and perform periodic budget analyses.
- Establish the company’s goals and objectives.
- Recruit and train new employees.
- Monitor and assess ongoing strategies and generally keep the team informed of Spurt!'s operations, including how its finances, technology, staffing relate to important goals.
- At minimum, a Bachelor's Degree, a Master's Degree will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of supply chain and procurement, contract negotiation and data analysis.
- Exceptional track record of leadership and good communication skills.
- Previous vast operations management experience is very essential.
- Experience with new business development, technical or service sector.
- Must have a good customer relationships management and client engagement skill.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Willingness to be flexible and nimble
- Most importantly, abundant curiosity about how to make this world a better place to live
- obsessive attention to detail, responsive communication, thoughtful problem-solving and an execution mindset; zero inbox mentality is strongly preferred
- Ability to work autonomously, Incredibly professional, discreet and trustworthy. Gossips need not apply.
- Availability to work flexible hours as needed
- You are EXTREMELY detail oriented and you don’t drop the ball
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work well independently and in a team
- Strong planning and coordinating skills.
- Motivated, optimistic, and passionate about our mission
- Impeccable work ethic with ability to learn quickly and multi-task
- Strong ability to build relationships and trust as part of a small team
- Strong communication skills (via phone, email, and in-person)
- Familiar with tools such as Google Apps, Slack, Microsoft Office, Zoom, etc.
- Dynamism: be able to adjust quickly and effectively to new situations.
- Integrity: we need to be able to trust your ability to do what is right, not just what is expedient
- Self-Reliance: be able to make important decisions on behalf of Spurt!
- Entrepreneurial Mindset: have the hunger to be proactive and take over the lead strategist.
- Team Spirit: be able to work with colleagues at all times
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply