Chief Security Officer (CSO) at Robert Johnson Nigeria Limited
Robert Johnson Nigeria Limited (RC 205983), a wholly indigenous company was incorporated in December 1992, but commenced effective operations in October 1994, as a service provider on currency counting machines and cash handling equipment, and recently provides print solutions and managed services.
In 2011 February, Robert Johnson acquired the sole Dealership of Lexmark International and introduced into Nigerian market the Lexmark range of products which is currently the leading and preferred brand by users/organizations for its durability, accuracy and ruggedness.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief Security Officer (CSO)
Employment Type: Full-time
- To maintain a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by establishing and enforcing security policies and procedures; supervising the security guard force.
Define and implement Physical Security Plan for Robert Johnson Nigeria Limited.
- Identify and evaluate threats, vulnerabilities and the potential impact of security breaches and mitigate same with appropriate measures.
- Evaluate the physical environment in the building and sites occupied by the company to determine the suitability of measures implemented to protect people and assets.
- Understand the purpose and application of video monitoring devices and systems and of the components that make up comprehensive monitoring.
- Define and implement standards and specifications of different types of storage devices, safes and other secure facilities.
- Define and implement standards for security protocols related to close protection for selected individuals.
- Understand the procedures needed to respond to emergency situations including the alerting of authorities and the execution of first responder activities.
- Define and implement the rules and processes for controlling people's access to the company’s premises.
- Spot security breaches and assess the severity and respond in the appropriate manner.
- Develop the Knowledge and understanding of the systems and processes in place to monitor and control building access.
- Assess the appropriateness of the different types of intrusion detection systems and their application at our different locations that we occupy.
Provide Leadership for Effective Performance:
- Believe in oneself, own judgement, skills and experience, and use this self-confidence to challenge others for the benefit of the organization.
- Continuously and actively curious, seeking a deeper, broader and more objective understanding, upon which to base commercial acumen, strategic decisions and actions.
- Influence across the organization, based on previously established credibility and respect, as well as understanding the organizational dynamics, politics and interpersonal context.
- Understand and leverage the dependencies across the organization and the impact of own actions on the rest of the organization to create organization alignment for decision-making and delivery of quality outcomes.
- Take responsibility for identifying, developing and retaining capability for the benefit of the broader business, based on a genuine intent to foster the long-term learning or development of others.
- Understand the line of sight between strategy and organizational implementation.
- Translates the organizational strategy into specific decisions and actions to ensure the strategy implementation. Aligns resources to effectively execute against the strategic direction.
- Set clear performance standards and expectations, and hold others accountable when these are not met. Takes accountability for team delivery against the expectations and contribution to results.
- Enable and empower the team to implement/execute a strategic vision or change for the better. Leads with passion and energy.
Apply Regulatory and Legislative Compliance requirements to avoid breaches and Sanctions:
- Manage contractual obligations to deliver the objectives required in the contract.
- Apply knowledge and understanding of the role/functions of construction and the built environment within the context of the local legislative and industry regulatory framework.
- Demonstrate knowledge of legislation legal policies and procedures pertaining to the local, regional and relevant international laws.
- Demonstrate good knowledge of the laws and legal principles governing the administration and contractual obligations of the organization.
- Comply with relevant legislation, regulatory and professional standards.
- Understand the various laws and regulations regulating the financial services industry.
- Demonstrate skills and abilities needed to effectively develop and present the Organisation's interests in matters of dispute.
Occupational Health and Safety – OHS:
- Assist in the implementation and evaluation of the OHS management system.
- Ensure that OHS policies, rules, procedures and instructions are followed.
- Ensure that all incidents in the workplace (that could have caused injury, and that have in fact caused the injury) are reported to the Management.
- Ensure that an investigation into the cause of incidents is carried out immediately and that the necessary corrective action is taken to prevent the incident from occurring again.
- Enforce discipline where health and safety rules are deliberately neglected or ignored.
- Ensure that workplace hazards are identified and that workplace risks are assessed.
- Ensure that OHS risk assessments are carried out before new projects are embarked upon in the workplace that may impact the health and safety of persons.
Manage Operational Risk:
- Ensure adequate compliance with the laid-down instructions by all areas under control.
- Ensure the maintenance of an effective control structure, with control activities defined at each level and duties appropriately allocated.
- Establish monitors and manage physical, operational and process risk controls and levels of authority within the organization.
Drive Operational Effectiveness:
- Ensure effective management of expenditure with emphasis on the containment of controllable costs.
- Optimize and streamline existing systems, processes and controls for cost-effective service delivery.
- Provide an effective administrative function for the project team members
- Ensure overall operational readiness and efficiency of the branch infrastructure prior to operations
- Ensure overall staff complement is in line with workforce measurements.
- Implement operational techniques and activities that are used to fulfill requirements for quality including; improvement, control, management or assurance of quality.
- Implement all quality management policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the formal international frameworks for measuring and monitoring quality.
- Apply techniques that can be applied to determine the cause of process or control failures.
- Promote and maintain high standards of quality at work.
- Understand, implement, manage and maintain quality management systems and provide a support service to the organization.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and understanding of the process and thinking required to formulate objectives and priorities, and implement plans consistent with the long-term interests of the organization in a global environment.
- Develop and drive a shared understanding of a long-term vision for the organization.
- Translate the organization's vision and long-term goals into medium and short-term deliverables.
- Identify and capitalize on opportunities and manage risks.
- Understand and apply the discipline of policy analysis, definition, writing and implementation.
Qualifications and Experience
- A First Degree or equivalent in Security Risk Management or any other related disciplines
- Certification in Physical Security/ Information Security related field would be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years Security management operations experience with at least 3 years in financial institutions
- Minimum of 7 years knowledge of security equipment.
- Military or Paramilitary background and training will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their comprehensive CV, Contact Address (not P.O. Box) with a functional e-mail address and other relevant details to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 30th November, 2021.