Classroom Teacher at PAMS Montessori School
PAMS Montessori School is a Mid-sized school located in Beesam, Ikeja Lagos with the goal of giving our kids the best and quality education with the aim of getting the children stand tall and bold in any environment they find themselves.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Classroom Teacher
Location: Beesam Mafoluku, Ikeja, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Field: Education - Admin/Pri/Creche / Teaching / Tutoring / Creche Services
Essential Functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Plans, prepares and delivers lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develops schemes of work, lesson plans and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
- Instructs and monitors students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Updates all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies and school regulations.
- Prepares required reports on students and activities.
- Participates in department, school, district and parent meetings.
- Communicates necessary information regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Establishes and communicates clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepares classroom for class activities.
- Uses relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Manages student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintains discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Provides appropriate feedback on work.
- Encourages and monitors the progress of individual students and use information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintains accurate and complete records of students' progress and development.
- Provides a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Observes and evaluates student's performance and development.
- Assigns and grades class work, homework, tests and assignments.
- Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrates skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds.
- Participates in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs and student organizations as directed.
- Encourages parents and community involvement, obtain information for parents when requested, promptly return phone calls and answers emails.
- Participates in appropriate professional activities.
- Carries out other duties or tasks as assigned.
- A minimum of National Certificate of Education (NCE) or National Diploma (ND) is required.
- Any other higher qualification such as Bachelor’s Degree / Higher National Diploma (BSc. B.Ed. or HND) will be an added advantage.
- Experience: 3 - 5
- Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology.
- Meet professional teacher education requirements of school, district and state.
- Previous work experience in an office setting is required.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must have the ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Performs all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk, hear, operate a computer, hand-held learning devices, manual /electronic instructional materials and other office equipment, reach with hands and arms.
Knowledge Skills and Ability Required:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
N30,000 - N35,000 / month.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 29th October, 2021.