Communications Director at the Confederation of African Football (CAF)
The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Communications Director
Location: Cairo, Egypt
- You believe you have the educational background and professional experience to elevate the organization to the highest international standards?
- We are looking to recruit a Communications Director.
- Develop and implement a progressive high-impact communications strategy supporting CAF’s vision and business priorities.
- Shape a competitive organizational structure including cross-divisional synergies and a powerful external network.
- Lead, inspire, and form a winning communications team with ambitious ideas, clear plans, and concrete action.
- Master all communication channels including digital and social media to bring the beauty of the game to the world and to showcase CAF’s leading role as a modern, dynamic, and trustworthy sports organization.
- Develop and execute the public relations strategy and fill the numerous social initiatives with hope and heart.
- Develop and implement contingency communication measures to ensure and support professional and effective issues and crisis management.
- Cultivate relationships with senior editors, journalists, and influencers in order to drive positive coverage of CAF.
- Develop, oversee, and manage the budget to ensure the financial success of the organization.
- Contribute as a member of the management board to a bright future of CAF.
- Be responsible for the overall strategy and budgets of the division.
- Conduct procurement-compliant tender processes to select the best services providers for CAF Communications.
- Report activities and results to top management.
- Build and maintain fruitful relationships with media departments and representatives of football, sport and governmental organizations including confederations and member associations.
- Assume editorial responsibility for all internal and external CAF publications (editorials, forewords, agendas, news, brochures, specials, speeches, etc.) and presidential speeches.
- Develop and improve news research, databases, and projects regarding current and historic information to ensure legacy and shape the future.
- Master's Degree in Communication, Journalism or any similar field.
- Proven track record
- 10+ years of successful career in journalism and/or senior communications role in an international environment.
- Proven track record of successfully managing people directly and indirectly.
- Extensive professional and international network in global sports and communications, including key contacts.
- Deep executive communications experience and the ability to partner with demanding top management
- Proven track record as an outstanding, results-oriented communication professional in a leading international company or major sports organization
- Passion for football including growing knowledge about the world of football.
- Football knowledge and sensitivity for football (real insight on mechanisms and basis of football, being in touch with leading officials, players etc.)
- Fluent in English and French language both written and spoken; command of any of the other CAF official languages (English, French or Arabic) is a plus.
- Awareness of IT and new media opportunities.
- Demonstrate success as an inspirational leader who has successfully shaped the organization and motivated staff to achieve and sustain excellence.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop alliances with internal and external groups.
- Comfortable dealing effectively, diplomatically, honestly, and sensitively with all levels of management and staff.
- An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative international organization.
- Attractive employment conditions.
- Quality social security coverage.
- An excellent pension schemes.
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and References) in English to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click here for more information
Application Deadline 10th September, 2022.
- Only qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, race, age, skin colour, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or on any other grounds.
- Only direct applications who meet all the required criteria will receive consideration