Compliance Advisory Officer at United Bank for Africa Plc
United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa's leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria UBA has grown to become a pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Compliance Advisory Officer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
Job Type: Full time
- To provide guidance to stakeholders on Compliance matters to ensure the bank’s operations and business transactions follow all relevant regulatory provisions and internal policies.
Successful candidates will be a part of the core team set to:
- Ensure adherence to Policy and Regulatory Compliance.
- Provide guidance on Compliance matters.
- Review and approve account opening request for PEPs and Public Sector Accounts.
- Review and approve Domiciliary Account Tiering /Due Diligence alerts
- Conduct due diligence for Merchants and Payment Facilitators onboarding
- Review of Vendor Account Opening Requests prior to their commencing relationship with the Bank.
- Provide general advisory support and guidance on all Compliance related enquiries.
- Review and approve all agent banking account opening requests
- Ensure Compliance Advisory Portal is always properly manned, and all inquiries are responded to in a timely manner.
- Respond to escalations and enquiries with respect to IMTOs
- Re-route STR/SAR escalations from business offices to Transaction Monitoring unit for proper filing.
- Attend to all BVN related changes taking into consideration the provisions of the CBN BVN Framework by ensuring completeness of recommended documentation.
- Attend to all Foreign Currency Transactions referred to Compliance for advice.
- Respond to request for World-Check due diligence screening.
- Ensure prompt response to Request for Information (RFI) from Nigeria Financial Intelligence Unit providing requested documents.
- Minimum Educational Level - Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum experience of 4 years in operations, Internal Control and Audit.
What we expect from you:
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and responsibility.
- Highly organised, proactive, ability to work independently and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Team player with ability to work under pressure and ability to work with a wide variety of people and maintain excellent business relationship.
- High sense of confidentiality and discreteness.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Deep knowledge of the Bank’s Products, Services, Processes and Policies
- Good Understanding of Sanction screening
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving ability
- Analytic, Conceptual and Investigation Skills
- Proficiency in the use of the computer and basic applications like excel, power point, World Check
- Firm, professional and result-oriented
What you should expect from us
- Our corporate culture is defined by our core valuesWe do not just train our people to be the best in the job, we also offer encouragement, recognition, and rewards.
- Whatever level you are at in your career, we offer plenty of opportunities to build a rewarding career at UBA.
- Here, our employees are great assets on which we place premium and offer a wide range of benefits.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 2nd December, 2021.