Construction Supervisor at Medecins Sans Frontieres
Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, international organisation. The organisation is made up mainly of doctors and health sector workers and is also open to all other professions which might help in achieving its aims. Medecins Sans Frontieres Provides assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict. They do so irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Construction Supervisor
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract Period: One (1) year Fixed term
- Supervising and monitoring the implementation of the daily building and rehabilitation activities in the project, according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures in order to ensure the efficient running of the project
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervising and monitoring on a day-to-day basis the implementation of the building and rehabilitation activities in the project ensuring compliance of MSF standards, protocols and procedures. This includes the following tasks
- Analysing, according to customer requirements and MSF programs, the needs for construction/rehabilitation works and reporting to the line manager accordingly, in order to provide the necessary information to find an appropriate and efficient solution, including planning of (financial, technical, material and human) resources that meet the mission needs.
- Planning and supervising the HR processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation and internal, external communication) of the drivers and mechanics in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activity.
- Supervising and leading the logistic team under his/her responsibility including the definition of each person's tasks (daily supervision and checking the quality of their work); drawing up working schedule; organising and leading team meetings.
- Providing monthly activity reports and implementing reporting practices and protocols in order to ensure that all vehicle documentation is in order and inspection reports are filled in by the drivers.
- Performing delegated tasks according to her speciality and as specified in his/her job description
- Supervising and following up through regular visits the work of construction and/or rehabilitation in progress, in order to ensure deadlines, budget and technical specifications and to early detect potential deviations.
- Negotiating agreements and permissions for construction/ rehabilitation projects, establishing regular contacts with local authorities, in order to ensure all required documentation is filled upon and to avoid delays
- Organizing and supervising call for tenders (architect office, company tendering) activities in order to ensure the best technical and financial conditions.
MSF Section / Context Specific Accountabilities
- Produce, prepare and monitor all necessary technical dossier and drawings for the ongoing construction activity
- Acting as a technician, providing technical advice and oversight of quality, Ensures the implementation, monitoring, and correct functioning of the technical work within the construction team, and with the subcontracted companies.
- Ensure all technical dossier and drawings are up to date and proper archiving of them.
Minimum Required Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Construction required, Engineering Degree preferred
- At least 2 years work experience as a construction site supervisor.
- Previous experience in constructing of hospital or healthcare facility
- Previous working experience working with MSF or other NGOs
- Work Experience in developing countries or similar context is desirable.
- Outstanding organizational and coordination abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer and Microsoft Office literacy
- Autonomy and sense of the planning will be required.
- Knowledge and use of AutoCAD and/or Revit is mandatory.
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF PrinciplesStress management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application including Cover Letter, Resume and Copy of relevant Degrees, Certificates and NYSC Certificate / Exemption to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Send a Hard Copy of the documents to:
Behind CBN Quarters,
Maiduguri, Borno State.
- Please note only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview; MSF Belgium takes this opportunity to thank all potential candidates for their application.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer; both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- The following vacancy is open to all residents of Nigeria
Application Deadline 14th January, 2022.