Contract Holder at Shell Petroleum Development Company
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Contract Holder
Job Requisition ID: 1557126
Job Type: Full time
Job Family Group: Downstream Supply Chain
Worker Type: Regular
Experience Level: Experienced Professionals
- As Contract Coordinator, you will be at the forefront of this challenging ambition by growing SNG sales and distribution by maturing identified opportunities in Nigeria using SNG Project Management Guide to achieve SNG growth ambition (250 mmscf/d by 2025 and 1Bscf/d in 2030).
- This role will also require significant interface management with stakeholders, both internal and external.
In this role, you will:
- Provide commercial direction in the creation, management and execution of contracts supporting the E2E operations function i.e. Facilities, Remediation, Maintenance, and Projects. This comprises pre-award and post-award contract management for design, material procurement, tendering/contract management, site supervision, commissioning and interface management activitiesAs contract holder (CH) for the projects, exercise responsibilities for all stages of the planning, execution and management of own contracts. Undertake compliance audits to ensure compliance with contract terms and conditions and appropriate delivery of all contract deliverables. Working with contract services, review, process and settle all claims and disputes during the execution phase. Ensure proper contract close-out.Liaise and manage interfaces with following key stakeholders to ensure seamless execution of pipeline projects teams, commercial/contract services, procurement, external relations, HSE, Tender Board, host communities, NNPC Gas Infrastructure Company, , Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority and others as may be necessary.
- Lead and/or participate in integrated audit teams contributing own expertise into technical (e.g. HAZOPS (Hazard and Operability Studies), design reviews, etc), HSE and business control audits.
- Participate in development of department's business plans including budget and HSE plans.
- Provide commercial support to other parts of SNG business.
- Contract Pre-award: Lead talk to the Contract Owner about the justification and implications of using the selected Contract Mode; Determine the Contract HSSE Risk and relevant HSSE requirements; Ensure the Contractor capability HSSE assessment is completed including; a) a desk-top review of the Contractor’s HSSE Management System and b) a scope specific assessment to confirm the Contractor has the capability and resources to manage the actual contract scope safely; Ensure the Contractor develops a Contract HSSE Plan.
- Contract Post Award: Approve the Contract HSSE Plan submitted by the Contractor prior to start of work; Regularly review the management of HSSE Risks and HSSE performance with the Contractor; Require that the Contractor demonstrates that its Personnel; a) understand the Contract HSSE risks & requirements and b) have been given an induction on the HSSE Risks of the contracted activities; Verify Contract HSSE requirements and associated Contract HSSE Plan are being implemented during execution
What’s the Role
- Ensure your Contract Management Team (CMT), including the HSSE Lead, is in place and aware of their responsibilities
- Manage Supplier Relationship effectively and collaboratively drive continuous performance improvement via relevant contract key metrics (e.g.: HSSE, Operations, Cost) to ensure effective contractual delivery, value optimization and risk management.
- Build and maintain strong network in the market, being fully aware of supplier developments and opportunities coming up in the market.
- Manage Key Stake Holder Interfaces, e.g. Category Leads, Contract Holders, Contract Owners, Global Category Team (where applicable) & Suppliers.
- Develop commercially competitive contracting & procurement strategies for assigned key spend categories which meets the Business demand and is aligned with the category strategy.
- Apply the PTCAM/CMCP process and CP operations practices while focusing on contribution to the business drivers and not compromising on compliance for HSSE&SP, E&C, Code of Conduct, Laws and regulations.
- Identify, develop & implement supply chain improvement opportunities, particularly to enable lean sourcing, effective and waste-free requisition-to-pay (RTP) processes.
- Proactively identify & understand commercial/procurement needs from internal stakeholders (Shell Business) and collaboratively propose competitive solutions. This may involve constructively challenging the Business Demand &/or Procurement Practices in order to drive value and efficiency for the organization.
What we need from you?
- Track record of execution excellence & delivering results.
- Highly tuned commercial acumen and curiosity with demonstrated ability to develop and deliver value from complex deals.
- Proven experience in contract negotiations & complex tender evaluation
- Good understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues.
- Highly driven, ‘can do’, inspiring, able to articulate in a crisp and precise manner.
- Uncompromising on HSSE, ethics & compliance
- Continuous improvement and simplification mindset
- Strong and Proven Interpersonal, Influencing & Stakeholder Management Skills.
- Ability to cope with complexity & uncertainty and proven adaptability
- Driven, Motivated & Passionate to drive positive change.
- MCIPS (Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply) Qualification (completion or in progress) would be beneficial.
Specific experiences and skills we would like you to bring:
- A University Degree in Engineering / Accounting / Accountancy or alike and 4+ years of experience in contracting and procurement, project Engineering/Project Management in Oil & Gas industry.
- Knowledge of Process systems management (SAP & Ariba) - added advantage.
- Communication and Influencing skills to effectively deal with major contractors, host communities and other stakeholders.
- Certification in Project Management is an advantage
- Supply account management Category management
- Pre Award & post award HSSE management .
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply