Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Current Recruitment in Abuja at The Breakthrough RESEARCH/Nigeria (B-R/N) Project
Current Recruitment in Abuja at The Breakthrough RESEARCH/Nigeria (B-R/N) Project
Apr 23, 2019, 11:53 AM
Breakthrough RESEARCH/Nigeria (B-R/N) project is under the global Breakthrough RESEARCH (B-R) project which is a USAID-funded initiative to generate research and evaluation evidence to inform USAID/Nigeria’s investments in social behavior change (SBC) programming. We are seeking professionals to fill the positions below: Job Title: Research Coordinator Location: Abuja, Nigeria Job Type: Contract, Full-Time Reporting To: Director of Research, Monitoring and Evaluation and Research Application and Knowledge Management Specialist, Breakthrough Research Jobs Supervised: None Assignment Length: 4 years, dependent on funding Position Responsibilities
- Provide support to the technical team in planning, coordinating, tracking, and reporting on research and evaluation activities.
- Arrange logistics for field studies.
- Assist Director of Research, Monitoring and Evaluation and Research Application and Knowledge Management Specialist in their daily activities.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university.
- Directly focus on increasing use of proven SBC interventions.
- Develop systems to aggregate, synthesize and share SBC evidence from a broad range of implementers.
- Monitor and evaluate dissemination efforts.
- Solicit and use feedback from end users including, but not limited to, Breakthrough-ACTION/Nigeria.
- Work closely with the Social Behavior Change and Innovations Advisor on the Breakthrough-ACTION/Nigeria in-country activities.
- Facilitate the co-design and applicability of complementary SBC research conducted by the activity.
- Master's degree in public health, communication, or a related social or behavioral science field
- At least three (3) years' experience in a knowledge management role related to development programming, preferably in a research to practice context.
- At least ten (5) years' experience interpreting research for programmatic audiences and sharing this information via a range of media, including social media.
- Experience developing communication plans and strategies and managing/supporting communities of practice.
- Breakthrough RESEARCH/Nigeria (B-R/N) project is under the global Breakthrough RESEARCH (B-R) project which is a USAID-funded initiative to generate research and evaluation evidence to inform USAID/Nigeria’s investments in social behavior change (SBC) programming. B-R/N is seeking a Deputy Chief of Party/Director of Research, Monitoring and Evaluation, Breakthrough Research in the Abuja, Nigeria project office, to carry out the following responsibilities: Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the COP to contribute to overseeing the operations of the B-R Nigeria evaluation activities.
- Support the strategic direction and management of the project.
- Mobilizing national research networks and relevant assets within and across partners.
- Identify and promote cutting-edge, quantitative and qualitative research and analysis techniques.
- Manage and ensure high-quality research by reviewing protocols and providing research technical input.
- Direct implementation of SBC research studies where necessary.
- Ensure that evaluation activity data are mined systematically to generate and promote innovations and lessons that improve ongoing programming.
- Develop systems to access and use tactical data for decision making in real time.
- Identify and propose new applications of data to improve SBC program design, monitoring, and evaluation. Work closely with the Breakthrough ACTION M&E team.
- Advanced degree in Public Health, Communication, or a related Social or Behavioral Science field (preferably a doctorate).
- At least eight (8) years of experience working across diverse program sectors within international development.
- At least ten (10) years of demonstrated success in developing, testing, and documenting innovations.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with both health and social science-based projects and researchers.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts