Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Business and Finance > Current Vacancies In A Reputable Microfinance Bank
Current Vacancies In A Reputable Microfinance Bank
Jan 6, 2019, 11:45 PM
Fadac Resources - Our client, a Micro-finance Bank which offers comprehensive, affordable, dependable and specialized financial solutions to enterprising and burgeoning small and medium size enterprises in Nigeria. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Bank Teller Officer Location: Lagos Job Descriptions
- Processing deposit/withdrawals to savings, current and fixed deposit accounts (involving cash, cheques, passbook maintenance, inter-account transfers).
- Responsible for Cross-selling the bank products by answering inquiries; informing customers of new services and product promotions.
- Ascertaining customers' needs; directing customers to a Senior representative of the bank
- Answering questions in person or on telephone; referring to other bank services.
- OND, HND or B.Sc in Social Science
- Minimum of 1 year teller experience with Commercial or Micro-finance Bank.
- Within the Age 25-35
- Winning of new accounts
- Processing loan applications
- Loan disbursement and monitoring
- Deposit mobilization
- Collection of loan repayments
- Rendition of daily returns
- Grow revenue contribution by penetration of new market segment within a reasonable period.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Science
- Minimum of 1 year direct marketing of products or services experience
- Ideal age is 23 -35 years.
- Providing exceptional customer care experience for the institution's clients and efficient functioning of customer support infrastructure.
- Responsible for counter services in the branch with a view to achieve timely and accurate processing of deliverables.
- Approval and supervision of daily transactions relating to cash, cheque deposit/ withdrawals (including remittance, clearing and collection instruments) Account opening, Loan Processing, Cheque Book issuance, ATM issuance, Dormant/inoperative account, Stop payment etc.
- Reconciliation of all cash suspense/sundry accounts on a daily basis.
- Checking of system generated reports on a daily basis.
- Liaise with sales staff to ensure that adequate support is provided in facilitating branch’s service delivery standards.
- Improved service standards and minimum turnaround time.
- Responsible for calling loan customer after completion of all Loan documents
- Maintenance of cash over counters and vault within assigned limits.
- Monitoring and processing of all activities pertaining to ATM operations and ensuring that ATM cash is balanced.
- Training Branch operation staff on operational controls and procedures
- B.Sc/HND in Banking, Business Administration, Operations Management or equivalent professional qualification
- Minimum of 3 years' post-graduation experience in banking operations preferably in the micro-finance industry.
- Sound working knowledge of the micro-finance and/or banking Industry and related banking compliance regulations, banking laws is compulsory
- Strong lead leadership qualities with a proactive, results oriented and a positive "can do" disposition
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skill
- Manage operations of audit department to ensure achievement of set objectives and goals
- Overseeing and ensuring preparation of timely Audit reports to management
- Audit Committee and provide progress reports regarding action taken by management.
- Conduct Audits in accordance with the approved internal audit plan.
- Determining process and procedures are adequate to prevent and detect fraud, suppression, theft or misappropriation of funds.
- Carrying out constant checks to ensure adherence to internal control policies and procedure on segregation of duties.
- Returns rendition to CBN
- Report on Anti-Money Laundering policy of CBN, NDIC, EFCC, ICPC and other relevant bodies.
- Reviewing and preparing the bank compliance ratios and compare side by side with the regulatory standard ratios to see if the bank is falling short of the standard and give recommendation on the way forward.
- Reviewing of daily call over report.
- Prevent and detect fraud, suppression, theft or misappropriation of funds.
- Daily review of Bank reconciliation statement and other financials, daily, weekly, and monthly.
- To prepare profit and loss account monthly.
- Income analysis daily, weekly, and monthly.
- Correspondent relationship on behalf of the bank.
- Daily monitoring /Audit spot check of cashier till and vault.
- Carrying field audit exercise on clients to ensure due diligence (KYC) is carried out on customers.
- Create and review business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
- Daily tracking of loan repayment with audit control template.
- Keep relevant and up to date financial database on audit findings and integrate best practices and systems into the audit programs.
- Check the collaterals to be pledged and advise the bank on whether to accept such pledged collaterals.
- Advise the management and the recovery team the recovery actions to be taken on defaulting account.
- Asset monitoring and maintain verifiable asset register and routine asset scanning.
- Effectively use the credit bureau [credit check]-XDS, CRC to discover customers who are either too exposed [over leveraged] or who have unfavorable credit records.
- Prepayment audits before cheques are issued and released
- Bachelor’s Degree from a reputable institution and associate member or least student membership of ICAN/ACA/ACCA/CISA.
- Minimum of 3 years working experience spanning financial accounting, tax and audit, treasury and risk management (2 of which must be in auditing and regulation or risk management).
- Demonstrates a proactive ability to accurately identify problems and risk, to systematically and logically analyze information and propose solutions
- Honest person with very high integrity and independence also observing professional ethic when executing his/her duties.
- Ideal age should be between 27-35 years
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts