Customer Service Manager at Jumia Nigeria
Jumia is Africa's leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customer Service Manager
Job Type: Full Time
- The Customer Service Manager is a unique opportunity to help drive our efforts to improve customer satisfaction in the entire online shopping journey.
- This is a critical role as it directly correlates to continually improving the customer experience and as a result better customer loyalty and retention.
- This role calls for a rare combination of proactive thinking, industry knowledge & interpersonal ability to manage relationships, issues, and topics with customers and with all teams across the organization.
- Directly supervise the customer service team and ensure the team’s activities are aligned to the departmental and company objectives.
- Actively promote and manage the process of continuous improvement in customer service standard within call/mail inquires and troubleshooting.
- Work with cross-functional teams to build the business cases and plans for improving specific customer issues.
- Work closely with other merchant’s customer support teams.
- Create and sustain a positive team environment displaying high levels of motivation and excellent team spirit.
- Necessary interactions with partners and providers to ensure seamless experience for the customers.
- Organize trainings on customer retention and experience for the team.
- Distil customer insights into business recommendations by identifying meaningful customer indicators and trends and by performing root cause analysis to improve the experience of customers.
- Promote effective communication throughout all levels of the customer service function.
- Support projects aiming at improving and maintaining operational KPIs such as Customer Satisfaction (CSAT), Net Promoter Score (NPS), Quality of service, Productivity KPIs, etc.
Requirements and Experience
- BSc / HND from an accredited university.
- 5+ years’ experience in customer centric roles such as operations, project management or process improvement.
- Ability to think strategically and attention to detail.
- Advanced skills in office tools (e.g., Excel and Google Suites) and Sales force.
- Experience in creative problem-solving and ability to see beyond what is presented as an issue or question to develop solutions for customers and the business.
- Experience in organized aggregated customer data to analyze trends and feedback while developing plans based on emerging customer needs/requirements.
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 30th August, 2022.