Customs and Excise Analyst at Guinness Nigeria Plc
Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast-growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on-trade-dominated market but with a fast-growing off-trade channel.
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose - Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Customs and Excise Analyst
Job ID: JR1065916
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Job type: Full Time
Worker Type: Regular
About the Role
- The Customs and Excise Analyst support the Customs and Excise team in Nigeria with the management of Customs, Excise and Trade topics.
- The job holder also supports with the execution Global Customs, Excise and Trade Compliance strategies and policies in Nigeria.
- Participate in developing and implementing strategies, policies, standards, guidelines for global trade management specifically focusing on customs and excise processes in Nigeria.
- Provide specialist support with trade issues in Nigeria – for example, HTS Code Classification disputes, Customs Valuation and ICSP reviews.
- Support the team with related projects to deliver shareholder value and handle potentials exposure to the business in Nigeria.
- Provide technical support that to addressing inefficiencies and driving process improvement within the team.
- Recommend and implement changes to optimise processes, systems, policies, and procedures.
- Keep up to date with regulatory changes and standard methodology; identify risks and opportunities and recommend actions.
- Address Customs and Excise related queries from the Nigeria Customs Service relating to imported products and raw materials used by Guinness Nigeria.
- Support the Customs and Excise team in Nigeria with technical opinions and submissions for engagements with respect to any issue.
- 3 - 5 years global trade, customs & excise experience.
- Experience within a Global Trade and Tax advisory function in a consulting firm or multinational beverage/tobacco manufacturer.
- Effective project management and implementation skills.
- Good team working and communication across diverse cultures.
- Experience of providing domestic and cross border technical advice.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply