Data Analyst at uLesson Education Limited
uLesson is a venture-backed education technology business whose mission is to deliver high-quality, affordable, and accessible education to all Africans. Our app hosts thousands of educational video tutorials that combine quality lessons delivered by experts in education, with digital animations and illustrations to explain key concepts; thereby, providing students with a learning experience that is unprecedented in its richness, scope, interactivity, and effectiveness.
We currently provide students between the grades of 4 and 12 with access to high-quality, curriculum-relevant, animated video lessons. At the moment, our uLesson App has been downloaded over 2 million times and we’ve been featured by credible media houses like CNN, Venturebum, Techcrunch, Quartz and Business insider.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Analyst
- We are looking for a passionate Data Analyst to serve as a gatekeeper for our organization’s data so stakeholders can understand data and use it to make strategic business decisions.
- It is a technical role that requires an Undergraduate Degree or Master’s Degree in Analytics, Computer Modelling, science, or math.
- The Data Analyst will be responsible for maintaining data systems and databases, using statistical tools to interpret data sets, and paying particular attention to trends and patterns that could be valuable for diagnostic and predictive analytics efforts.
- This will require an individual with good attention to detail, intermediate to advanced computer skills, and the ability to develop processes.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Use automated tools to extract data from primary and secondary sources.
- Understand key performance metrics and functional goals and ideate data solutions.
- Provide high-quality finished dashboards, reports, and workbooks.
- Combine, organize and analyze raw data from different sources.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Train end-users on new reporting processes and dashboards.
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
- Collaborate with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data needs.
- Prepare data for prescriptive and predictive modelling.
- Explore ways to enhance data quality and reliability.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Math, etc.).
- At least 3 years of previous experience as a data analyst or in a similar role.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Storytelling ability with data.
- Self-starter who is initiative-driven and comfortable working autonomously.
- Ability to move at a fast pace to meet the company's scaling needs.
- Ability to operate with a sense of urgency while not compromising on quality.
- Data analytics certification (e.g., Google Data Analytics Professional Certificate) is a plus.
- Experience with data visualization platforms (e.g., Tableau, Google Data Studio Looker, PowerBI, etc.)
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SAS, etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
N300,000 - N450,000 Monthly (net)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, updated CV and Cover Letters indicating and stating why they are a good fit (as an attachment) to: [email protected] using "Application for the position of Data Analyst" as the subject of the mail