Data Engineer at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Engineer
Job ID: 62310
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Banking
Work Arrangement: Fully Office Based
- The purpose of this role is to construct data acquisition, warehousing and reporting solutions.
- The role is expected to provide technical solutions in response to the needs of stakeholders by interpreting business requirements; defining solutions; defining build and test tasks; constructing solutions; performing testing; participating in the deployment of solutions and ensuring the systems meet immediate business requirements by providing third-tier support and constructing enhancements to systems in Production.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Define a task sequence that delivers value to business promptly by applying lean management, Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and iterative delivery concepts
- Ensure tasks are clearly scoped, with defined acceptance criteria, to ensure clarity of what is required to complete work
- Apply best data integration, warehousing and reporting practices while utilising MS SQL 2019 technology
- Construct mechanisms to acquire data from a range of sources with controls that deliver to required data quality standards.
- Build solutions that are aligned with the technology strategy and future-proofed through appropriate coding practices.
- Define and perform appropriate unit and integration tests to ensure no errors are produced during and after deployments
- Provide lean documentation to reflect the solution design and capture data management artefacts
- Incorporate standard requirements – such as data quality control and future-proofing – into task definition and delivery
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- First Degree
- Certification in MS SQL (including SSRS, SSAS and SSIS) would be an added advantage
- Entry level knowledge and understanding of Data Engineering concepts
- Minimum of 5 years experience in building databases, warehouses and reporting solutions, Building data integration solutions.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply