Database Administrator at Stanbic IBTC Bank
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Database Administrator
Job ID: 46811
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Sector: Banking
- Information Technology: systems development, business analysis, architecture, project management, data warehousing, infrastructure, maintenance and production
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Performing in conjunction with system administrators, the capacity planning required in creating and maintaining the various databases for the use of the Bank.
- Performs failover of databases as required for disaster recovery.
- Ensures space availability for database growth.
- The Database Administrator is responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of Databases.
- The Database Administrator carries out responsibilities in some or all of the following technical areas: Creating and maintaining all databases required for Production, Disaster Recovery, development and testing usage, Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances, Plans and implements backup and recovery of databases, Setup and maintenance of online replication of data from Production to the DR environment, Monitor and advise management on licensing issues while ensuring compliance with Oracle License agreements, Proactive Production Database monitoring across database platforms.
Improve customer experience:
- Ensure closure time within 90% of agreed SLA for significant and general complaints
- Ensure service availability meets agreed targets
- Achieve a Remedy satisfaction survey rating of 3.5 out of 5
- Achieve a minimum annual Business Survey (i.e ISS) rating of 8 out of 10
- Ensure not more than 5 significant incidents occur every week
- Achieve an IT User Survey score of 7 out of 10
Develop a cost containment culture:
- License & Maintenance
- Staff Printing.
Establish a control framework that guarantees visibility and reliability of our franchise:
- Emergency changes should not exceed 10% of total changes
- Successful DR exercises.
- Satisfactory Audits (Internal & External)
- Resolve exceptions before due dates
- Ensure there is no vulnerability
Implement efficient and timely projects and changes to support key business objectives:
Qualifications and Experience
- Achieve 80% close out sign offs on pre-agreed deliverables (time, scope, cost) by all relevant stakeholders
- Score 90% on post implementation survey (conducted within a minimum of 3 months after project closure)
- Respond within 24hours to engage relevant parties once a work request is raised
- Preferably certified in OCP, ITL v3
- Minimum of 3 years post qualification experience in a similar or related position.
- Minimum of first degree or its equivalent in Numerate or Semi-numerate disciplines such as engineering, actuarial sciences, statistics, mathematics, computer science etc.
- Database Administration
- IT Systems
- License Management.
- IT Operations
- Technical Analysis
- IT Knowledge