Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > IT and Telecoms > Database Administrator Job in Lagos at Venture Garden Nigeria
Database Administrator Job in Lagos at Venture Garden Nigeria
Nov 26, 2018, 4:02 PM
Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN) is a fast growing Software company with a vision to build an enduring organization with an ecosystem of value creators- while delivering high impact technology solutions for emerging markets through a culture of entrepreneurship and innovation. At VGN we wage war against the average, go beyond the ordinary to explore limitless opportunities; breaking the norms and aggressively pursuing success through- Relentless Hard-work, Pursuit of excellence, calculated risk taking and a hunger for knowledge and we have a lot of fun at it! We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Database Administrator Location: Ikeja, Lagos Job Description
- We are currently sourcing professional database administrator (DBA) will keep the database up and running smoothly 24/7. The goal is to provide a seamless flow of information throughout the company, considering both backend data structure and frontend accessibility for end-users.
- Install server software and configure database servers.
- Build database systems of high availability and quality depending on each end user’s specialized role.
- Evaluate data analysis models and procedures.
- Establish a disaster recovery protocol
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Provide proactive and reactive data management support and training to users
- Determine, enforce and document database policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Design and implement database in accordance to end user’s information needs and views
- Define users and enable data distribution to the right user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Use high-speed transaction recovery techniques and backup data
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience.
- Basic understanding of disaster recovery and database backup procedures
- Familiarity with reporting tools
- PostgreSQL experience or certification preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and assistance.
- Advanced knowledge of database structure and theory
- Experience with MySQL and MSSQL
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity and SQL
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- Experience with their database software/web applications
- The ability to work quickly, under pressure and to deadlines
- Up-to-date knowledge of technology and the Data Protection Act
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment, where the technology is constantly changing
- Understanding of structured query language (SQL)
- Knowledge of 'relational database management systems' (RDBMS), 'object-oriented database management systems' (OODBMS) and XML database management systems
- Flexibility is important.
- The role is open to anyone who meets the above criteria regardless of race or nationality
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts