Deputy Managing Director in an Oil & Gas Company
Adexen Recruitment Agency - Our client, an Oil & Gas company, is currently recruiting suitable candidates for its operations in Nigeria within the capacity below:
Job Title: Deputy Managing Director
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full time
Job Seniority: Director
Job Category: General Business
- Reporting to the Managing Director, the Deputy Managing Director (DMD) provides support to the Managing Director to ensure that Company achieves its business objectives and creates an environment that promotes staff commitment to the achievement of the organisational vision, mission, and strategy.
- Has a global role all over the activities of the company. He will support, manage and develop sales, financial and operational activities.
- To oversee the maintenance, the protection and the security of the properties, assets and the employees.
- To oversee the interaction with unions, the recruitment and the training of new employees and the employee assessment process.
- To initiate actions to support and develop a good social climate.
- To interact with local communities, local and provincial authorities for all matters involving the company.
- To prepare activity’s report for upper management and to oversee financial reporting.
- Participate to the formulation of the short and medium-term Group strategy; to set up correspondent goals and progress plan; to ensure implementation providing solutions to issues.
- Provide strategic advice to the board so that they will have accurate view of the market and the company’s future.
- To evaluate and improve the operation and financial performances; to research and identify opportunities; to oversee budget preparation and to maintain budgets and optimize expenses.
- To oversee day-to-day operations and supporting services activities; to ensure employees work productively and develop professionalism.
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in an Engineering field of study from a recognised university
- MBA is a plus
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in a similar senior management role (DMD, Operations Director, Project Director)
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance
- Organisational and leadership skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organization and leadership skills
- Experience navigating / relations with Nigerian Oil & Gas / Manufacturing regulatory bodies is a plus
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in the upstream Oil & Gas industry (engineering, fabrication, maritime, exploration & production)
- Proven experience in managing a large team (nationals & expatriates)
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans
- Reports, Cost Planning, Customer Relations, Oil & Gas, Market Analysis, Business Development, Leadership, Business Strategy, Finance, Team Management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: We thank all applicants however only those selected will be contacted