Director of Health Services at Federal University of Technology, Owerri
The Federal University of Technology, Owerri was established in 1980 by the Federal Government of Nigeria. The University strives for excellence an is poised to becoming one of the best University of Technology in the world. The University is committed to the production of high level manpower, engaged in cutting edge research and community service for the achievement of national developmental goals and global relevance.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Director of Health Services
Location: Owerri, Imo
- The Director of Health Services is the Chief Health Officer of the University responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day running and administration of the University's Health Services and facilities, recommendation of all health policies in the University, and taking charge of Health Services Department in accordance with the University statutes.
- The candidates for the post must exhibit considerable degree of competence, expertise and demonstrable integrity for the running of a Department of Health Services of a University.
- Prospective candidates must be duly licensed and practicing medical doctors and must be active members of Nigeria Medical Association (NMA).
- The Candidate must not be more than fifty nine (59) years of age at the time of appointment and must be in good health to be able to endure the rigours of the duties as a Director of Health Services.
- The Candidates must have a good honours Degree (MBBS) from a recognized University and at least fifteen (15) years of relevant service experience.
- Candidates should be Officers of not below the rank of Deputy Director of Health Services in a University or a similar Institution.
- In addition, candidates must be a Fellow of West African College of Surgeons (FWACS) or other relevant bodies. Possession of a higher degree in health related disciplines will be advantage.
Conditions of Service
- The appointment is for a period of five (5) years and is pensionable. The basic salary attached to the post is CONTISS (II) 15.
- Other allowances and fringe benefits are as currently applicable to similar positions in the Nigerian University System and as may be determined by the Federal Government and the Governing Council from time to time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit Twenty (20) copies of their Application Letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae highlighting among others the following:
- Name in full (Surname, in Capital letters)
- Place and Date of Birth
- Permanent Home Address
- Contact Address: Postal Address, GSM Number(s) and E-mail Address
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children (if any)
- Educational Institutions attended (with dates)
- Academic and Professional Qualifications obtained (with dates)
- Working Experience, including full details of former and present post(s)
- Present Employment, indicating present status and salary
- Extra Curricula Activities
- Names and Address of three (3) Referees.
All applications should be sent to the address below:
Federal University of Technology,
P.M.B 1526 Owerri,
Note: In addition to stating the names and addresses of the Referees, candidates should request each of their nominated Referees to send a Confidential Report on them to the Registrar, Federal University of Technology, Owerri
Application Deadline 14th April, 2022.