Driver at Oxfam (Abuja)
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Requisition ID: 11306
Internal Job Grade: F1
Contract type: 1 Year
Job Family: Business Support
Reporting to: Administrative Assistant
Staff reporting to this post: None
- Ensure the project vehicle - or any other car as directed or under the driver’s control- is always in good working order and properly maintained.
- Always abide by standard driving /safety rules and procedure.
- Ensure that periodic maintenance is effected on the project vehicle as and when due and to notify the Administrative Assistant at least 36 hours before designated time.
- Ensure that accident reports are completed and filed.
- Ensure security measures for vehicles such as parking, storage of keys, emergency suppliers etc.
- In collaboration with the Security Officer, coordinate movement routes for field trips.
- Coordinate communication with staff for every field trip.
- Ensure major repairs are done in a timely manner.
- Collect and submit vehicle related receipts to the Logistics Officer.
- Transport project staff and equipment efficiently and safely as required.
- Collecting and distribution of vehicle log-sheets, responsible for monthly compilation, and submission of log-sheets
- Schedule vehicle use to meet programmatic and operational needs
- Ensure trip ticket or form are used by program staff and approved by the necessary person
- Maintain the Vehicle Board daily.
- Oversee and ensure proper use of vehicles
- Organise cleaning of vehicles
- Oversee fuel consumption, purchase, and tracking including coordination with petrol stations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Secondary School Certificate qualification.
- 5 years driving experience including long-distance driving to all parts of Nigeria, with special consideration given to knowledge of Bauchi State.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with an International organization, Embassy or any similar body will be an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of road networks in most parts of Northern Nigeria
- Knowledge on Automobile certification Trade test 1 & 2
- Fluent in Speaking English and Hausa.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- A good knowledge and understanding of vehicle mechanics and the ability to carry out minor vehicle maintenance.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
Key Behavioural Competencies
- We can engage with diverse stakeholders in a way that leads to increased impact for the organisation
- We spot opportunities to influence effectively and where there are no opportunities, we could create them in a respectful and impactful manner.
- We understand the importance of building relationship, within and outside the organization.
- We could engage with traditional and non-traditional stakeholders in ways that lead to increased impact for the organisation.
Agility, Complexity and Ambiguity:
- We view problems as parts of an overall system and in their relation to the whole system, rather than reacting to a specific part, outcome, or event in isolation.
- By consistently practicing systems thinking we are aware of and manage well unintended consequences of organizational decisions and actions.
- We are good listeners who can see where deeper levels of thoughts and tacit assumptions differ.
- Our messages to others are clear and consider different preferences.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 27th March, 2022.