Driver at Oxfam (Bauchi)
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Requisition ID: 11247
Internal Job Grade: F1
Contract type: Nine (9) Months
Job Family: Supply and Logistics
Reporting to: Supply & Logistics Officer
Staff reporting to this post: None
- The driver will work within the Logistics department to support operations structure, committed to providing reliable support to program activities in order to achieve efficiency in program deliveries.
- Ensure the project vehicle - or any other car as directed or under the driver’s control- is always in good working order and properly maintained.
- Always abide by standard driving /safety rules and procedure.
- Ensure that periodic maintenance is effected on the project vehicle as and when due and to notify the Logistics Officer / Logistics Assistant at least 36 hours before designated time.
- Transport project staff and equipment efficiently and safely as required.
- Collecting and distribution of vehicle log-sheets, responsible for monthly compilation, and submission of log-sheets
- Oversee fuel consumption, purchase, and tracking including coordination with petrol stations.
- Ensure that accident reports are completed and filed.
- Ensure security measures for vehicles such as parking, storage of keys, emergency suppliers etc.
- In collaboration with the Security Officer, coordinate movement routes for field trips.
- Coordinate communication with staff for every field trip.
- Ensure major repairs are done in a timely manner.
- Collect and submit vehicle related receipts to the Logistics Officer.
- Schedule vehicle use to meet programmatic and operational needs
- Ensure trip ticket or form are used by program staff and approved by the necessary person
- Maintain the Vehicle Board daily.
- Oversee and ensure proper use of vehicles
- Organise cleaning of vehicles
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Secondary School Certificate qualification.
- 5 years driving experience including long-distance driving to all parts of Nigeria, with special consideration given to knowledge of Bauchi State.
- A good knowledge and understanding of vehicle mechanics and the ability to carry out minor vehicle maintenance.
- Good working knowledge of road networks in most parts of Northern Nigeria
- Knowledge on Automobile certification Trade test 1 & 2
- Fluent in Speaking English and Hausa.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with an International organization, Embassy or any similar body will be an advantage.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and gender issues, as well as the commitment to equal opportunities.
- Ability to demonstrate an openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender/gender mainstreaming, women’s rights, and diversity for all aspects of development work.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
Key Behavioural Competencies:
- We can engage with diverse stakeholders in a way that leads to increased impact for the organisation
- We spot opportunities to influence effectively and where there are no opportunities, we could create them in a respectful and impactful manner.
- We understand the importance of building relationship, within and outside the organization.
- We could engage with traditional and non-traditional stakeholders in ways that lead to increased impact for the organisation.
Agility, Complexity, and Ambiguity:
- We scan the environment, anticipate changes, are comfortable with lack of clarity and deal with many elements interacting in diverse and unpredictable ways.
- We view problems as parts of an overall system and in their relation to the whole system, rather than reacting to a specific part, outcome, or event in isolation.
- By consistently practicing systems thinking we are aware of and manage well unintended consequences of organizational decisions and actions.
- We are good listeners who can see where deeper levels of thoughts and tacit assumptions differ. Our messages to others are clear and consider different preferences.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks, or integrity screenings/references relating to misconduct and disciplinary actions in prior employment.
- We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization.
- Therefore, people of all gender identities, sexes, sexual orientations, races, colors, religions, cultures, abilities, etc. are eligible for this position.
- Oxfam aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also Oxfam’s high standard of values and principles, who shares and demonstrates Oxfam’s commitment to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct.
- We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults.
- We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us