Employee Relations Specialist at APM Terminals
APM Terminals is the global terminal operating arm of the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group. APM Terminals operates a Global Terminal Network of 76 operating port and terminal facilities and 117 Inland Services operations in 59 countries around the globe.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Employee Relations Specialist
Enable and Strengthen Employee Climate:
- Acts as a liaison for senior management on community issues and affairs, advising them of sensitive and/or important issues for the community, and recommending plans of action, when appropriate.
- Manage relationship with external labour providers ensuring that such providers are legislatively compliant.
- Provides day-to-day advice and counsel to managers on a wide range of employee relations issues including progressive counseling, performance management, company policies and procedures.
- Serves as a trusted advisor to Managers and HR team, consults, advises, coaches, educates and provides decision making support to the business on a variety of employee relations issues.
- Identifies and recommends strategies to address current and future employee relations and retention needs.
- Mitigates risk by ensuring compliance with APM Terminals policies & local labour laws.
- Evaluates and reviews employee related decisions in response to employee concerns.
- Identifies, analyses and implements resolutions to complex and sensitive issues in a timely and professional manner.
- Leads and conducts investigations regarding potential misconduct and policy violations.
- Supports the outcome of cases throughout partnership with the business.
- Supports the organization with legislatively compliant implementation of initiatives.
- Uses metrics to highlight trends and develop strategies to foster positive employee relations.
- Make recommendations based on assessment of trend and root cause analysis.
- Assist in executing certain collective bargaining and/or union activities, including agreements.
- Mediate any issues of conflict that may have been escalated due to differences between management; union and employees.
- Track and ensure compliance against labour legislative requirements and conditions of employment.
- Maintains a database of key contacts, important to the work of employee relations.
- Observes social, economic and political trends that might ultimately have an effect upon the organization, and makes recommendations to enhance the company’s image based on those trends.
- Avoid labour disputes through the establishment of good relationships between all stakeholders.
- Supports in establishing a positive and engaging workplace culture by effectively facilitating and resolving employee relations matters.
We are looking for:
- Requires University Degree in related field.
- Ability to anticipate issues/needs and to work proactively to address them..
- Comprehensive knowledge in employment, employee relations practices and principles, and current laws impacting human resources.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and good judgment, and to understand the effect of decisions overall in the company.
- Ability to handle confidential company and employee information with complete discretion.
- Sound analytical, critical thinking, problem-solving and negotiating skills, with the ability to understand broad HR issues and to resolve conflict situations.
- Thorough understanding of investigative methods and principles.
- Thoroughly knowledgeable in various international labour relations standards.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of employees.
- Requires strong negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to extract, compile and analyse data.
- Requires advanced verbal and written communications skills in English, in addition to effective interpersonal skills.
- Minimum 4-6 years Human Resources/Employee Relations experience.
- Experience working in a Union environment as a spokesperson for negotiations, grievance proceedings and proactive day to day labour relations management.
- APM Terminals offers tremendous growth, career and leadership opportunities for those with the ambition, drive and dedication to become one of the best.
- Working with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stakeholders.
- An opportunity to be part of a high-performance team that ensures APM Terminals is the most efficient, safe and profitable terminals in the region.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd August, 2021.