Entry Level Cash and Trade Processing Rep 3 at Citibank Nigeria Limited
Citibank Nigeria Limited (CNL) was incorporated in Nigeria on May 2, 1984 and the oldest international bank in the country. It provides a wide range of financial products and services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions and public sector organizations. It offers deposit and loan products, global transaction services, cash management, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking products.
The company was formerly known as Nigeria International Bank Ltd and changed its name to Citibank Nigeria in 2008. Today it employs about 300 people and operates 12 branches in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kano, Bonny, Aba, Lanlate and Ososa. As at December 31, 2016, it had over NGN 600 billion in total assets. Citibank Nigeria is owned by Citibank Overseas Investment Corporation, a subsidiary of Citibank N.A. (USA).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Cash and Trade Processing Rep 3
Job Req ID: 21347017
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Family Group: Operations - Transaction Services
Job Family: Cash Management
- Acting as the functional heart of our business, Operations makes everything work on time and on target, in a world that demands lightning-fast transaction speeds, pinpoints execution accuracy and full visibility.
- It ensures global transactions flow smoothly around the clock, wherever we do business.
- Without it, the daily clearance, settlement and execution of a trillion dollars’ worth of trades and the weekly movement of tens of billions of dollars in dozens of world currencies would come to a complete standstill.
- The Teller is an entry level position responsible for assisting with the execution of branch activities, including the day to day delivery of client facing services and processing transactions in coordination with the Customer Service function.
- The overall objective is to provide high quality customer service and to help the branch generate revenue by delivering optimal solutions.
- Serve as the first point of contact for Citi clients and provide a positive first impression through friendly and efficient customer service.
- Ensure all client needs are met and effectively manage any client issues/concerns, escalating as needed.
- Maintain working knowledge of client accounts as well as new and existing products and services offered.
- Complete processing activities related to compliance and control
- Assist new team members with procedural tasks
- Contact internal and external customers on a frequent basis
- Perform efficient and accurate banking transactions including managing cash supply for the branch, processing incoming/outgoing cash deposits, and maintaining branch vault cash.
- Identify referral opportunities for new products and services based on client’s financial goals.
- Educate clients on digital and self-service opportunities offered by Citi.
- Adhere to bank policies, operational controls, and regulatory procedures to ensure the safety and security of customer and bank assets.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Qualifications / Education
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 1 year of relevant experience.
- Pass basic induction and operations training.
- You’ll have strong communication, planning and organizational skills which will benefit you and the team.
- Our teams need individuals who can research, process, and interpret large amounts of information everyday which will allow you to make ethical decisions with integrity.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran