Executive Assistant at Ash Biomedical Diagnostics Limited
Ash Biomedical Diagnostics Limited was founded in 2011 to address the growing demand for pharmaceutical supplies, diagnostic equipment, and health care related services in Nigeria. The company’s model is based on the supply of diagnostics and protective products that are ideally suited for the clinical laboratory and primary healthcare segments. Ash Biomedical’s supply chain is supported by ISO certified and cost competitive international suppliers with long standing history of productive partnerships.
With over 5 years of trading history, the company has decided to implement a strategic initiative focused on backward integration with the establishment of an ISO certifiable manufacturing facility in Idu Industrial Estate, Abuja. The production facility will be established in partnership with the Ireland based Trinity Biotech Manufacturing Limited and will commence as a 5,000 square meter facility for the production of HIV, malaria, hepatitis, syphilis and pregnancy test kits, as well as protective equipment (PPE) for medical professionals.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Employment Type: Full-time
Report to: Managing Director’s Office.
About the Job
- We are seeking to hire an Executive Assistant to provide support to the Managing Director to facilitate the MD's ability to effectively lead the company. The ideal candidate should be proactive and detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal skills, strong speaking and writing skills, and an exceptional ability to multi-task.
- Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will provide assistance at a high level within the company and will be trusted with complex duties and sensitive information. S/he will also be responsible for all the MD’s business and work-related duties as delegated by him.
The primary responsibilities of the Executive Assistant will include:
- Administrative tasks for the MD including planning, coordinating, and managing an active calendar of appointments; composing and preparing correspondence and internal documents, coordinate and arrange meetings, and other tasks that facilitate the MD's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Working closely and effectively with the MD to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Communicating with Board Members, scheduling Board Meetings, and arranging meeting agendas.
- Researching, prioritizing, and following up on incoming issues and concerns, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Maintaining credibility and trust with senior management staff.
- Managing a variety of special projects for the MD, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Coordinating and managing vendors and contractors for the MD’s office and residence.
- The ideal candidate will provide top-level assistance for high-level executives. They should be well-organized and be comfortable scheduling meetings and responding to emails on the executive's behalf. Lastly, this individual should be able to draft documents and help the executive with any necessary meeting preparations.
- Spending time and becoming familiar with all aspects of the business.
- Travel arrangements, including flights, transportation, and lodgings for senior management and other staff members.
- Structuring presentations and written communication.
- Maintaining organizational chart, contact lists, and strong working relationship with relevant departments.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
The Executive Assistant will be an experienced executive with the following qualifications, skills, and experience:
- At least 5 years experience as an Executive Assistant.
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others.
- Demonstrates professionalism and exceptional ability to multitask.
- Demonstrates good team working skills.
- Efficiency in general office duties.
- Proficiency and familiar /or expertise (or a desire to learn quickly) in:
- Office 365
- Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Interviewing / face to face Customer Service
- Survey Monkey
- Google Analytics
- Rush files (Cloud-based service)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and presentation skills.
- Experience working closely with senior staff and board members.
- The highest level of ethics and ability to always maintain confidentiality with all situations and documentation.
- The flexibility and willingness to be on call during weekends and after business hours (only called upon occasionally).
- The ability to complete tasks thoroughly and accurately, sometimes with little or no assistance.
- The ability to read and interpret various documents.
- Previous experience handling travel arrangements.
- Experience building and managing effective relationships with a range of stakeholders in complex organizations.
- Creative problem-solving skills and ability to resolve complex administrative problems independently.
- The ability to follow - up and interpret Board or committee meetings and to produce accurate minutes.
- The ability to speak effectively among executives, clients, customers, and employees.
- The ability to travel within Nigeria and internationally on short notice.
- Ethics; Works with integrity; Upholds organizational values.
- Dependability; Follows instructions, responds to management direction; results-oriented, and committed to achieving objectives and tasks as required. Teamwork and Collaboration.
- Organizational Support; Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization’s goals and values.
- Quality Management; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Negotiation. Analyses each situation, looking for opportunities to make any situation more beneficial for the MD and the company. Participates effectively in communication to achieve optimum results.
- Exhibits objectivity and openness to other’s views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Communicates effectively.
- Professionalism; Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
N400,000 - N550,000 (Monthly).
How to apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted with further instructions, within two weeks after the deadline.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Your application should comprise:
- A full CV including a full employment history showing responsibilities held and relevant achievements.
- A covering note of not more than one page summarizing your motivation and reasons for being interested in this position