Field Service Engineer at Phase 3 Telecom Limited (Nationwide)
Phase3 Telecom is West Africa’s largest independent fibre optic infrastructure and telecommunications services provider. With coverage of 6000km and counting, the company is licensed to run its network on Nigeria’s power infrastructure with expansion into the ECOWAS region using its unique Right of Way (RoW).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Location: Nationwide (All across the country)
Cadre: Technical Officer
Name: ALL FSE's
Department: Network Operation and Maintenance
- The FSE is to carry out maintenance, make service repairs and install engineering equipment products.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure effective management of all active network equipment, analyze equipment’s current card performance and be responsible for technical management of the entire pop.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance (RPM) and corrective maintenance (CM), carry out long-haul route surveys on existing aerial optic fibre and other transmission paths.
- Maintains inventory and stock, recommends the purchase of both technical supplies, and takes responsibility for tools and test equipment.
- He will be responsible for the supervision of contractors handling field contracts and ensuring projects are executed to standards.
- Prepare and transmit a detailed daily technical report of maintenance operations and network performance to the Regional Supervisor (RS).
- Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Helps to assure the overall success of the Network and perform all other duties as assigned.
- Ensure that all aspects of the network operations run smoothly, maintain end-to-end interconnectivity with immediate remote pops for stable network availability.
- Resolve emergency network failure with deepness in the usage of OTDR for fault troubleshooting especially on the aerial fibre transmission path.
- Carry out installations and maintenance of network equipment (e.g. DWDM/SDH).
- Ensure temporary restoration of the network in critical situations/difficult terrain.
- Plan permanent restoration and manage OFC stringing, tensioning and perform splicing. Also, provide quick resolution basics to reduce MTTR.
- Provide remote support for the NOC operations and other technical requests from HQ. As well as information and guidance to colleagues and other team members.
- Responsible for the efficient operation and performance of all clients aggregated circuits through his/her node and maintaining a good technical relationship with clients at all times.
- Technical Training
- ND / HND / BSc in Engineering is an added advantage.
- 3 years of proven Field Service experience
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Ability to troubleshoot using OTDR, Splicing Machine, LSPM and Knowledge of Inverter/Rectifier operations and service of technical equipment.
- English literacy
- Ability to work flexible shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
- Familiarity with mobile tools and applications.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 17th February, 2022.
, Adamawa State
, Akwa Ibom State
, Anambra State
, Bauchi State
, Bayelsa State
, Benue State
, Borno State
, Cross River State
, Delta State
, Ebonyi State
, Edo State
, Ekiti State
, Enugu State
, Gombe State
, Imo State
, Jigawa State
, Kaduna State
, Kano State
, Katsina State
, Kebbi State
, Kogi State
, Kwara State
, Lagos State
, Nasarawa State
, Niger State
, Ogun State
, Ondo State
, Osun State
, Oyo State
, Plateau State
, Rivers State
, Sokoto State
, Taraba State
, Yobe State
, Zamfara State