Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > International / Multinational > Field Worker III at The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Field Worker III at The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA)
Jul 1, 2020, 8:51 PM
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a not-for-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future.
We seek suitable applicants for the position below at the Institute’s Headquarters in Ibadan:
Job Title: Field Worker III Ref: IITA-HR-NRS2020-018 Location: Ibadan, Oyo Contract: 2-year renewable contract
- Carryout data collection activities and trial maintenance of the cocoasoils core trials at IITA-Ibadan;
- Arrange for supervision of maintenance activities in the cocoasoils core trial at IITA Ibadan.
- Contribute to monthly reports on the trial status and report damages of equipment’s to the trial manager;
- Report any damages (other than those caused by pests and diseases) to the cocoa trees to the trial manager and conduct visitors to the trial;
- Coordinate the irrigation of the Cocoa soils core trial at IITA Ibadan;
- Control cocoa and plantain for pest and disease infestation and arrange for pest and disease control measures;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
- O’level with minimum of four (4) years’ related experience performing related role in an international organization.
- Ability to use the basic MS software: Word, Excel PowerPoint for reporting and creating data collection forms.
- Have ability to know the bar code labelling concept and the procedure of allocating and reading bar codes.
- Have ability to detect and identify major cocoa pests and diseases. Ability to rapidly respond to threats.
- Have ability to use ODK forms and procedures to collect and upload data.
Remuneration We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
How to Apply Interested applicant should forward their Applications include Covering Letter which should address how the candidate’s background/experience relates to the specific duties of the position applied for, Curriculum Vitae, names and addresses of three professional referees (which must include either the Head of the applicant’s current or previous organization or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior at his/her present or former place of work). Click here to applyApplication Deadline 13th July, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts