Finance and Admin Interns at Street Child Nigeria
Street Child is a UK charity working to protect vulnerable children and improve access to education in some of the poorest communities in the world. We work in Sierra Leone, Liberia and Nepal and since November 2016, Street Child has been involved in the Humanitarian response in North East Nigeria.
Street Child works in the fields of education, child protection and livelihoods, working to deliver sustainable solutions and create maximum impact. Our work combines counselling, family mediation, business support, school building, teacher training and child protection. We were a key player in the Ebola crisis and led the global response for children orphaned by Ebola in Sierra Leone and Liberia. We deliver all our programmes through local partners and, since 2008, together we have built/renovated over 200 schools and are now helping to educate over 40,000 young people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance and Admin Intern
Locations: Abuja and Maiduguri - Borno
Employment Type: Full time
- We are recruiting to fill the position of finance/Admin intern, one in Abuja and one in Maiduguri (Borno Indegene). The intern will facilitate the efficient and effective financial operation, Procurement/Logistics process, and base management activities of the Street-Child Abuja Office.
- She/he will ensure compliance with the Street-child Finance/Procurement Handbooks alongside donor policies, procedures, guidelines, and rules.
- Support in filing and archiving of Finance files/vouchers for Abuja or Maiduguri office:
The Benefit of the Position
- Internship at street-child offers a platform to learn and experience meaningful practical work as well as an entry point to work for the development/humanitarian sector with NGOs; the program is aimed at understanding how an office work, developing good managerial skills, training on finance and admin processes especially by working closely with people in the sectors with more year of experience that can provide mentoring and coaching.
- The internship has proved subsequent opportunities for employment within Street-child or other organizations.
Procurement / Finance:
- Prepare Vouchers for approved petty cash requests.
- Maintain petty cash register and report as at when due.
- Ensure completeness and correctness of petty cash documents before any payment is made.
- Scan and rename financial vouchers on daily basis and ensure all archived hard and soft copies are serially arranged.
- Maintaining file register for finance files held in Abuja or Maiduguri office.
- Assist in submitting payment schedules, payment receipts, and picking up revenue invoices from the Tax office and other Government agencies.
- Process monthly internet data subscription for office.
- Assist with payment of utility bills in the office such as Light, water, Internet, etc.
- Regularly evaluate office equipment to ensure proper functionality.
- Supervise the office cleaner to ensure office premises/guesthouses and environs are clean.
- Ensure required cleaning items and toiletries are always available.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the line manager.
- Coordinate and support team members/visiting staff for local transportation and hotel booking.
- Process payment of Vehicle vendor.
- Process payment for environment cleaning vendor.
Experience and Knowledge
- A Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or related field.
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships and to work effectively in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment respecting diversity.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Proven strong academic track record
- Fluency in English with excellent writing and speaking skills is required.
- Demonstrate experience in office management and staff coordination.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and standards
- Passion for learning and development.
- Knowledge and understanding of Nigeria’s policy environment
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including good listening skills, influencing, negotiation, and coaching
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 14th February, 2022.