Finance Assistant at Médecins Sans Frontières
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Contract: Open - Ended (208 working hours per month)
- Execute administrative and finance-related tasks and follow up of project accountancy to support the Finance Coordinator, following MSF standard and procedures, to ensure legal compliance and keep a strict control over monetary resources to achieve project objectives.
- Implementing cash management procedures to ensure the highest control and security, assisting the Finance Coordinator in the prevision of monthly treasury and planning to ensure the coverage of daily needs, advances on salaries, payroll, etc.
- Processing the payment to suppliers and keep strict on all documentation involved, informing the administration manager of any disparity
- Carrying out all accounting tasks and activities, classifying, preparing, and filing all accounting pieces in accounting software (UNIFIELD) to ensure strict control of all expenditures and the reliability of statements and documentation.
- Following up of all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Administration Manager to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative.
- Making all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.), supporting the Finance Coordinator in translating documents into local language and assisting in meetings upon request.
- Responsible for the safety of cash kept in cash boxes under his responsibility, during daily payments and transfers (in accordance with cash security rules)
- Ensure cash boxes are properly handled, cashbooks maintained, and a cash count performed every day by himself
- Ensure close and proper follow-up of all cash advances, ensure advance book is always updated immediately, ensure issuance and settlement comply with procedure (based on validated request, returned in a timely manner, closed at the end of the month, settlement is correct: balanced and based on proper & validated receipts, etc)
- Prepare / process payments to suppliers in a strict but swift manner, in accordance with the MSFF purchasing and payment procedures for the mission
- Check again every single voucher (stamp, support documents, validation signatures…), cash inventories, bank reconciliations and bank statements, if applicable, provide the complete folder of paper accounting to Finance manager latest on the 10th of the following month copy of latest updated specimen signatures
- Work continuously for improvement of compliance to “finance fundamentals”
- Immediately inform finance manager / coordinator of any problem or issue arising in the course of the work
- Prepare cheque/Online payments and bank reconciliations for all bank accounts directly managed
- Ensure copies of cheques / proof of transfers are always attached to voucher, for payments from bank journals
- Responsible for quality of receipts/vouchers: check every single voucher from capital + field; ensure that all vouchers are in accordance with MSFF standards.
- Ensure vouchers are properly presented and stamped, include all relevant & required validation signatures, include attached any relevant and required supporting documents
- Will be personally responsible for the quality and accuracy of data-entry in UNIFIELD for all journals managed: ensure encoding is done every day, consistency with receipts, accurate use of chart of accounts, respect of standard encoding guidelines for descriptions, etc.
- Check again every single entry in UNIFIELD (consistency with paper accounting, correct account / project code, relevant description providing all required information dates and complying with encoding guidelines, etc.), research seriously any cash difference with SAGA, report to Accountancy Manager if not reconciled
- Any other administrative task delegated by the Finance Coordinator.
- Desirable: University Degree in Finance, Business or Administration.
- Essential: 2 years previous working experience in similar position
- Desirable: Previous experience in MSF or other NGOs.
- Essential: Fluency in English
- Desirable: Any local language
- Literacy in Microsoft Packages (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Results and Quality Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
- Administration Office
- Behavioural Flexibility
- Commitment to MSF Principles
- Stress Management.
Monthly Gross salary of N448,615 plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Fill in the link above and attach your CV.
- Only successful applicants will be called for next steps and are obligated to disclose any information about family member(s) currently in the employ of MSF- France in any location.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation.
Application Deadline 3rd October, 2023.