Finance Assistant at Save the Slum Initiative
Save the Slum Initiative is a non-governmental organization with registration CAC/IT/NO 139240, STSI was founded in 2016 and is committed to responding to current needs to improve the life of people living in slums and local communities across Nigeria. STSI envisions improving the living standards of vulnerable persons and communities and our overall aim is to work with urban poor to bring about long-term and sustainable transformation to their quality of life and to also provide better community-based healthcare and empowerment education and environmental improvement to all communities that will serve. We intervene in various sectors like WASH, Education, Protection, Nutrition, Health, and Livelihood of humanitarian sectors and community development projects. Since its inception in 2016, STSI have implemented in over 10 States in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Volunteer
Duration: 6 months (extendable)
- The Finance Assistant is in charge of keeping track of an organization’s finances.
- S/he enters data into databases, prepare financial statements, process invoices and support other employees throughout accounting processes.
- Update financial spreadsheets with daily transactions.
- Prepare balance sheets.
- Provide administrative support during budget preparation.
- Participate in quarterly and annual audits.
- Support monthly payroll and keep organized records.
- Track and reconcile bank statements.
- Process Tax payments.
- Records accounts payable and receivable.
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time by supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree in Accounting or Finance and other relevant professional qualification.
- Minimum of 1 year programming experience with relevant working experience, desirable in Accounting
- Proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of bookkeeping.
- Detail oriented.
- Proficiency in the use of computers (MS Word, Excel, Power Point Presentation).
- Ability to speak English fluently, Hausa and other local languages desirable.
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humor.
- Very good understanding of Accounting policies, strategies and programs.
- Excellent inter-personal, communications and representative skills (written, oral, cross-cultural).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline Friday; 14th October, 2022.
- By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to STSI ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Save The Slum Initiative (STSI) provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview