Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Recruitment / Consulting Company > Finance Manager at Alan & Grant
Finance Manager at Alan & Grant
Jan 30, 2020, 10:01 AM
Alan & Grant - Our work is focused on creating innovative HR and Organizational Development Solutions aimed at Performance Improvement & Business Growth. We currently serve clients across various sectors of the Economy in from locations in Jos, Port Harcourt and Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Finance Manager Location: Lagos Industry: NGO/Social Services Job Type: Full Time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct the finances of the association and initiate the methods and procedures that will result in the financial position desired by the Board of Directors.
- Work with the General Manager to ensure nonscheduled or unannounced cash counts of all petty cash and fund accounts are being conducted at least once per month by the Board Treasurer or other Board member and irregularities and variances are noted. There should also be a periodic updating of the signatures of the fund holders.
- Work with the General Manager to ensure that all financial statements and reports are prepared and submitted on time and the information contained therein has been verified as correct.
- Work with the General Manager to prepare and submit a budget to the Board of Directors for approval and ensure all efforts are being made to operate within its limits, all variances are noted and verified.
- Work with the General Manager to schedule and make sure that an independent audit is being performed at least once per year, and that attempts to comply with the recommendations are being instituted and a copy of the report and compliance measures are forwarded to A/OPR/CR.
- Develop a sound internal control system to deter employee and customer theft, track inventory and funds, and to provide overall safeguards of all of the association assets.
- Work with the Management team to inventory all non‑expendable equipment at least annually. Create a schedule for physical inventories and ensure that it is adhered to for all expendable equipment, supplies, and merchandise. In addition, install an inventory control system and make sure that is operating in the proper manner, with periodic spot checks being conducted for accuracy and compliance.
- Work with the Management team to create a register to maintain on the sale of luxury items (such as tobacco, perfume, liquor products, or other goods subject to black marketing/pilferage) and these same items are monitored for unusually large or frequent purchases.
- Ensure that the association is in compliance with its own procurement policy and good standard procurement procedures.
- Do other tasks as directed by the General manager and/or Board of Directors for the wellbeing and effective operation of the Associations.
- Direct the operation of the accounting and financial systems of the association.
- Analyze the accounting procedures at periodic intervals to determine efficiency and adherence to the financial controls in effect, proposing changes or improvements in operations when necessary.
- Provide the required financial information to the General Manager, Board of Directors, auditors, and A/OPR/CR correctly and on time.
- Supervise other financial personnel and review work to ensure proper posting and control of accounting records.
- Ensure association compliance with both U.S. federal and Nigerian federal and local employment tax requirements.
- Direct and assist in the preparation, review for accuracy, submission, and distribution of monthly financial statements and reports.
- Audit the association's bills and prepare documentation for payment.
- Maintain the General Ledger, with the various departments classified.
- Review the perpetual inventory records for accuracy. Assist General Manager with the monthly inventories, and review the inventory taken by others. Maintain and control fixed assets and inventories. Make proper depreciation deductions.
- Oversee all banking procedures, which include petty cash and fund accounts, maintain the check register, prepare the checks for payment of all association obligations, and verify accuracy in the payment of wages to employees.
- Ensure that proper accounting and financial internal controls are implemented when and if any accounting and financial procedures are automated.
- Attend weekly Management team meetings and provide input on financial matters.
- Attend meetings of the Board of Directors and submit monthly financial reports.
- Provide input to the Board on the financial stability and health of the association.
- Work with the Treasurer of the Board of Directors on financial issues and report anything outside of the monthly reports to him/her.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- A Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant work experience with reporting/forecasting /data analysis/financial modelling
- High level of proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint, and financial software
- Deliverable-focused with a strong work ethic and able to prioritize/work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and build relationships with various business partners across all levels of management
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and be flexible to handle multiple priorities
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts