Finance Manager in an Indigenous Dried Fruit Processing Company
We are an Indigenous Dried Fruit Processing company headquartered in Lagos with regional offices in Abuja and Port Harcourt, retails a range of dried fruit snacks across over 400 locations in Nigeria and exports products to Saudi Arabia, Switzerland, and Belgium, also on Amazon.com.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- As we increase our processing capacity as well as our global distribution, we seek to hire a competent and experienced finance professional whose passion aligns with our business strategic initiatives to lead and grow the finance department.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Oversee all monetary operations and develop data driven strategies to optimize profitable running of the business
- Review financial data and prepare periodic financial reports to management, board members and stakeholders.
- Producing financial reports related to budgets, account payables, account receivables, expenses etc.
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance on a regular basis
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained
- Advise management and provide inputs on the funding and cash-flow implications of the company’s strategy, goals and plans.
- Develop and implement a robust and reliable financial reporting system for the company.
- Research economic trends, analyze internal operations, identify areas of cost reduction and process optimization
- Support the CEO with various fundraising initiatives
- Plan and perform risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments.
- Analyze, and decide on investment strategies while considering cash and liquidity risks.
- Track and ensure cashflow is appropriate and sustainable for organization’s operations.
- Lead and coordinate the development of cost management measures company-wide in collaboration with other Heads of departments.
- Lead and coordinate the budget preparation process across all departments, liaising and collaborating with other Heads of departments to prepare, timely, accurate budget to enable the achievements of strategic objectives.
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Ensure compliance with the statutory laws and regulatory bodies.
- B.Sc. in Accounting or any relevant field with a minimum of 7 years work experience in corporate finance
- Relevant professional qualifications (ACA, ACCA, CFA etc.)
- Exceptional communication, Interpersonal and Leadership skills
- Working knowledge of raising capital beyond traditional lines of credit
- Excellent Business analysis, Project Management and Financial Management skills
- Great Problem solver and critical thinker.
- Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (especially MS Excel) and Financial Management Software
As the Finance Manager, you'll need to show:
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
- Deep understanding of business principles and practices
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations
- Strong analytical, numerical, written and verbal communication skills
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
- Commercial and business awareness
- Ability to demonstrate influence across several program/project and ooze confidence to approach and influence different stakeholders
- Responsible for the delivery of service excellence thorough ownership, process and effective team management
- Be a business brand ambassador and take ownership to build robust and lasting professional partnerships
- Quick to use your own initiative to create solutions and contribute new ideas
- Understanding of data privacy standards
- A self-starting attitude and an open outlook
- Resilience under pressure and against deadlines
- Skills in managing people, projects and resources.
- Ability to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 21st December, 2021.