Front Desk / IT Officer at Network of People Living with HIV and AIDS in Nigeria (NEPWHAN)
Network of People Living with HIV and AIDS in Nigeria (NEPWHAN) was established in 1998 as a non-governmental Organization to serve as a collective voice of PLHIV in the Country. The Organization is registered with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) in Nigeria in September 2004.
NEPWHAN is now Seventeen (17) Years Old as a vibrant patient community network in Nigeria. The network formed since 1998 has established structures at the zonal and all States including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) and as well saddled with the responsibility of coordinating, supervising and monitoring activities and programs of over 1, 030 support groups membership across the Federation making it one of the biggest Patient network in Africa. Our GOALNEPWHAN has formed constituent bodies; Association of Youth Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria (APYIN), Association of Women Living with HIV/AIDS in Nigeria (ASWHAN), Association of Religious Leaders Living with and Personally Affected by HIV/AIDS (NINERELA+) to advocate and provide HIV programming intervention for the specific needs of their targets and members.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Front Desk / IT Officer
Location: Asokoro, Abuja
Employment Type: Contract
Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet guests and provide them with superb customer service.
- Ensure the front desk is neat, presentable, and equipped with all the necessary supplies such as pens, forms, and paper.
- Answer all client questions and incoming calls.
- Redirect phone calls to the appropriate department and take down messages.
- Managing IT staff by recruiting and training employees, communicating job expectations, and monitoring performance.
- Managing of the Network’s website and social media handles
- Monitoring daily operations, including server hardware, Network systems, software, and operating systems.
- Coordinating technology installations, upgrades, and maintenance.
- Testing, troubleshooting, and modifying information systems so that they operate effectively.
- Evaluating technology risks in order to develop a network disaster recovery plan and backup procedures.
- Remaining up to date with advances in technology and industry best practices.
- Accept all letters and packages, and distribute them to their appropriate departments.
- Monitor, organize and forward emails.
- Track and order office equipment and supplies alongside with the office assistant.
- Maintain records and files.
- Directs and coordinates the local implementation of University IT operations, projects, and programs, ensuring alignment of IT services with the business needs of the area(s) and adherence to established project management principles and best management practices.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree / HND in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field.
- 3 - 5 years progressive working experience in managing IT infrastructure and services.
- Experience in Website building, development and Management (PHP, DRUPA, HTML & CSS , WORDPRESS etc) is a Must
- Customer service, Management and leadership skills.
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible working hours.
- Experience with computer networks, network administration, and network installation.
- Proficient in computer hardware, cabling installation and support, wireless technology applications and interface, and IT security.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows software, including server, office, and exchange.
General Persons Specification:
- This includes and not limited to: punctuality; good team worker; proactive; flexible approach to change; Client-focused; attention to detail; professional approach; enthusiasm for the role.
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Be respectful.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Be flexible.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their detailed Curriculum Vitae and a 1-page capacity statement electronically to: email@example.com and copy firstname.lastname@example.org using their Name, Job Title, and Location as the subject of the mail E.g "Peter James Okoh_NEPWHAN Headquarters, Abuja".
- Above documents should be attached as one MS Word Document.
- Preference will be given to persons living with HIV PLHIV, who are qualified for the positions.
- Only successful candidates will be contacted at every stage
Application Deadline 10th December, 2021.