Government Relations Coordinator - Executive (MDAs) at MacTay Consulting
MacTay Consulting - We are one of the first and leading management consulting firm in Nigeria, providing HR services to our clients in Africa since 1982. We focus on adding value to organisations through customized solutions that meet our clients’ needs. We have a proven track record of providing excellent services that impact our clients’ businesses.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Government Relations Coordinator - Executive (MDAs)
Employment Type: Full-time
- This Service exists to ensure a good working relationship between the company and government by orchestrating relationship-building opportunities with the Executive authorities at the Federal level to foster good relationship between the Company and Government and ensure smooth functioning of company operations, thereby making Company a preferred partner.
- Service holder ensures a good working relationship between the company and government by orchestrating relationship-building opportunities with the Executive authorities at the Federal level to foster good relationship between the Company and Government and ensure smooth functioning of company operations, thereby making the Company a preferred partner.
- Internal Clients of the Department and the Service holder are all divisions of the company that have any relationships or interactions with the Federal Government.
- Company annual budget of over $1bn annually and license to operate, will be affected by role.
- Constant intelligence gathering and analysis is required to optimize Company relationships with officials of the NNPC, various Ministries, Departments, and Agencies of the Federal Government.
- Designing and implementing engagement strategies with the Federal Government to maintain relationships affecting any impact on the license to operate, under the supervision of the GM Government Relations.
- Advising the Government Relations team on activities of Government Ministries and agencies, escalates potential issues, and sends early warning signals on new government policy or changes that may impact the company.
- Ensuring a good working relationship between the company and government by orchestrating relationship-building opportunities with the Executive authorities at the Federal level to foster good relationship between the Company and Government and ensure smooth functioning of company operations, thereby making the Company a preferred partner.
- Service Holder will coordinate with Government Relations Officers managing the Nigerian Legislature (Senate and House of Representatives) to monitor legislative processes on bills that directly or indirectly impact the company or the industry in general.
- Prepares and updates Weekly reports to the General Manager Government Relations on activities, policies, sentiment analysis to monitor policy direction of government as it affects industry and affiliate.
- Prepares and updates monthly reports on government activities of all Ministries Departments and Agencies for the Government Relations General Manager to ensure alignment or prepare a defense for the company.
- Prepares and disseminates through the General Manager Government Relations, an annual review of government activities as it affects industry and affiliate.
- Relating with Senior Directors and Political Appointees who have specific and stringent requirements for the engagement.
- Coordinating and participating in interface visits and key business meetings with key government functionaries including but not limited to the NNPC, various Ministries, Departments, and Agencies in the Federal Government.
- Responsibility for maintaining open channels of communications pre and post-visits/meetings.
- Initiating correspondence and preparing responses to a significant volume of correspondence to and from Federal Government agencies annually.
- Coordinating with other company departments in the implementation of interfaces and management of events with high-level Government functionaries, PR events management, relations with authorities, and guidance in government business and protocol.
Context and Environment:
- Works in a fast-paced and very dynamic environment where the government is all-pervasive and centrally driven.
- Energy companies (and other private sector organizations) are in competition for government attention and investment and any negative perception of a company will adversely affect its operations, international reputation, share price, and profile.
- There is also a highly fluid & dynamic policy and personnel environment that requires constant close monitoring and networking, often demanding working irregular hours and weekends.
- Contribution towards the perception of Company’ as a preferred operator on account of good stakeholder engagement.
- Familiarize self with Company’s emergency procedures, carry out assigned responsibilities safely and report any incident, unsafe act, or operation.
Qualifications / Experience Required
- Graduate of Humanities, Law, or the Sciences
- Minimum of 7 years relevant experience in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Must have excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Must be a team player and demonstrate effective analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work well and deliver effectively under pressure.
- Good working knowledge of the Nigerian oil and gas industry and government systems and operations.
- Experience in working with government or government representatives is an added advantage for the position.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal and people skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resumes to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 20th December, 2021.