Grants Officer at Medecins du Monde
Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants Officer (F/M)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Fixed-term Contract
Duration: 12 months
Job Status: Employee
Starting date: 02/01/2023
- Under the supervision of the program coordinator in charge of programs, you are responsible for donors proposals and reports writing.
- You work in close collaboration with the program support officer and institutional funding officer and with the desk manager at HQ.
- You ensure donors requirements, rules and regulations dissemination and acceptance by key staff and serve as the focal point for the mission communication initiatives/strategies to promote visibility on MdM works in Nigeria.
Donors Proposals and Reports Writing:
- Support in the coordination and the writing of proposals.
- Provide timelines and ensure timely submission to HQ.
- Make sure that the proposals match the MdM strategy in Nigeria.
- Review the different contributions (especially from the program department), share comments to the team.
- Make sure that all indicators are SMART and target realistic.
- Be the focal point at mission level for HQ for grants/reporting, and consider donor compliance and guidelines to ensure adherence.
Donor’s and Internal Reporting:
- Support country mission in the coordination and writing of donor reports.
- Ensure timely submission of reports to HQ.
- Ensure consistency among the different components of the reports
- Act as the focal point for report related queries and take the lead in the preparation of the monthly MdM situation report.
- Ensure adherence to donor deadlines, including developing and disseminating timelines to relevant staff.
- Support by taking the lead in the writing of certain parts of the reports (non-technical part) and help in the compilation of the different contributions
- Maintain overview of all donors’ requirements, rules and regulations and ensure their good dissemination and acceptance by key staffs.
- Carry out regular donor mapping exercises and identify new funding opportunities.
- Maintain a database of current and expected call for proposals.
- Support the mission in the organization of external audit or evaluation.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoU)/Partnership agreements:
- Support in the writing of needed operational MOU or amendments
- Take the lead in the preparation or review of MOU between MdM France and other MdM chapters
- Act as the focal point for HQ and liaise in priority with the emergency unit
- Master's Degree in the following or related field: Humanitarian Management, Development, International Relations.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- Training and capacity-building experience.
- Ability to work in an unstable and volatile context.
- Excellent knowledge of Windows environment (word, excel).
- Demonstrated experience of coordinating and preparing strong narrative and financial reports for a variety of donors.
- Understanding of donor compliance, especially for OFDA, GFFO and ECHO.
- Languages: English is mandatory (oral and written), and knowledge of country languages such as Hausa or French would be an asset.
- You are committed to MdM’s values as an organisation and motivated by its non-statutory, NFP model.
Conditions of Employment
- Gross Monthly salary: 2,660 euros
- Based in Maiduguri with regular field visits to sites of intervention or assessment
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite), minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply