Head Chef at TalentPool Nigeria
TalentPool is Nigeria's emerging human capital solutions company providing a wide range of human capital and business support solutions to businesses. We work with our clients to provide bespoke solutions and hiring that addresses core human capital challenges through talent search, training, background checks, payroll management and outsourcing.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head Chef
Location: Lekki, Lagos
- The Head Chef is responsible for planning and managing the preparation and service of meals for guests at the Restaurant, s/he will also ensure the smooth and profitable operation of the kitchen, and maintaining high standards of food quality and safety at all times.
- Plan and execute menus for guests, set standards for all recipes, service systems, and storage procedures; plan rotating menus to efficiently utilize supplies and minimize waste
- Train and evaluate kitchen and dining room staff on an ongoing basis
- Monitor and approve timesheets for all kitchen and dining room staff
- Ensure equipment is maintained in a clean and operational state, that it is secure, and replaced or repaired when necessary, maintaining safety standards
- Monitor and maintain operational procedures including practices stipulated by the Department of Environmental Health; where feasible, develop and maintain a recycling program for cardboard, glass, and aluminium
- Demonstrate high personal competency in technical and artistic skills necessary to operate the kitchen and produce food of consistently high quality.
- Manage food and kitchen budget, maintaining awareness of accurate food costs, implementing and monitoring portion control
- Inventory control, ordering and rotation
- Oversee and maintain high standards of presentation
- Ensure kitchen and dining areas are maintained to the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness
Education and Training
- Bachelor's Degree / HND Catering & Hotel Management with Technical / Professional qualifications with 6 years’ work experience in similar role will be an advantage.
- Proven experience as Head Chef in a huge establishment
- Outstanding cooking skills.
- Real creativity when it comes to food.
- Exceptional proven ability in kitchen management
- Ability to divide responsibilities and monitor progress
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills
- Up-to-date with culinary trends and optimized kitchen processes
- Good understanding of useful computer programs.
- An ability to create menus that are innovative and profitable.
- A deep understanding of ingredients and produce.
- The capacity to work under extreme pressure.
- Excellent leadership and management.
- The ability to delegate tasks.
- 6 working days
- Opening days, Mondays-Sundays. One-off days.
- Salary: N200,000 - N350,000 / Month
- Accommodation and lunch would be provided
- Great working environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 9th October, 2023.