Head, Financial Reporting at Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service (EKIRS)
Ekiti State Internal Revenue Service (EKIRS) is the main funding arm of the Ekiti State Government charged with the responsibility of collecting taxes and other revenues. The State’s Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) has massively increased as a result of strategies implemented and programs pioneered by EKIRS. This, in great measure, has positively impacted revenue generation and collection.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Financial Reporting
Location: Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the functions of the accounts payable and treasury accountants thus providing quality assurance of data generated and safeguarding the assets of the Revenue
- Generating periodic and ad-hoc financial reports from data generated by the department
- Preparing the annual budget for the Revenue and reporting on actual versus budgeted performance on a monthly basis
- Ensure adherence to processes and procedures set up to complete departmental tasks
- Ensure all key processes within the unit are properly documented, key risk areas identified and mitigating controls are put in place and constantly monitored
- Minimize the incidence of cash transactions
- Provide all necessary cooperation to the internal and external auditors.
- Ensure the optimal use of technology in meeting departmental goals
- Oversee the performance management of team members
- Identify the training needs of team members and work with HR to bridge any gaps
- Responsible for preparing the financial statements of the EKIRS in line with the International Public Accounting Standards (IPAS)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or any other related discipline
- ICAN or ACCA or its equivalent
- Minimum of 7 years cognate experience in accounting and finance.
- Experience in tax administration will be an added advantage.
- A veteran user of accounting and reporting software
- Above-average excel skills. Proficient in Word and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated CV and Application Letter with a heading indicating the job being applied for to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- The Revenue is looking to engage highly motivated and goal-oriented staff who meet the criteria as stated in the job descriptions attached.
- Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview(s) which may be virtual or physical, towards making a final selection
Application Deadline 24th June, 2022.