Health Assistant (Volunteer) at Care Best Initiative (CBI) - Kebbi and Sokoto
Care Best Initiative (CBI) is a fast-growing, woman-led, and youth-driven Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) founded in 2019 and presently operational in states within North-East, Nigeria. Our objectives are to save lives, alleviate the suffering of children, women, and other vulnerable people; and maintain human dignity during and in the aftermath of man-made crises and natural disasters; as well as to prevent and strengthen preparedness for the occurrence of such situations; and to promote the right of children, women and vulnerable people in the society. Our actions are multi-sectorial inclined, gender-sensitive, and socially inclusive.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Assistant (Volunteer)
Locations: Kebbi and Sokoto
Employment Type: Volunteer
- Assist the Health program department in providing technical assistance to improve the delivery and quality of general health interventions to ensure effective contribution to the project performance.
- Promote basic health education for persons of concern and train Health Outreach volunteers.
- Ensure strong linkages among health programs with protection and human rights.
- Use community-based approaches, including clear involvement of persons of concern in the public health programs.
- Prepare reports, share information, and convene meetings as appropriate.
- Improve coordination among partners and participate in capacity building efforts.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Midwifery, Public Health, or other relevant qualifications with exposure to Public Health programming;
- Team management experience with similar programs;
- Ability to observe and provide feedback on activities;
- Knowledge of local institutions
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult working conditions
- 0 - 2 years’ experience in primary health care program implementation;
- Excellent report-writing skills, Strong IT skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office applications.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and local language;
- Good Communication and Interpersonal skills;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Send their Cover Letter and CV to "The Human Resources Officer (CBI)" via: [email protected] specifying the Job Title on the Subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 31st August, 2022.
- By submitting your Application for this position you agreed to CBI ZERO Tolerance to:
- Sexual Harassment, Exploitation, Abuse and Child Abuse
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion.
- Care Best Initiative (CBI)provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment, and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Kindly attach additional certificates that support or address the requirements listed for the position in one PDF format, Cover Letter and CV together in one Word format.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview