Health Informatics Officer at Jhpiego Nigeria
Jhpiego, an Affiliate of Johns Hopkins University, is a global leader in improving healthcare services for women and their families.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Informatics Officer
Reports To: Strategic Information Advisor
- The Health Informatics Officer will support in the development, implementation and management of the health electronic information systems in meeting monitoring and evaluation requirements of the JHPIEGO Nigeria State Office.
- S/he will also ensure optimal functionality of all electronic medical records and project databases.
- The health Informatics Officer (HIO) will provide technical support for the design and content development for electronic information systems. This function will include assisting the software programming team in developing actual logic statements for the coding of M & E indicators and software business rules where necessary and checking that all software development is done according to already established standards and procedures.
- S/he will cconduct assessments of health informatics environments, synthesize pertinent information, identify implications for planning and development.
- The HIO will ssupervise the deployment of the developed M & E software and database tools to new sites as requested.
- The HIO will support the development of standard operating procedures, user manuals, and data management procedure documents for all of the project electronic information systems.
- Prepare timely progress and periodic reports on information systems tool development and implementation.
- The HIO will ensure that the software and database tools developed meet the intended reporting and data output requirements for both internal use and donors.
- S/he will coordinate user support through RISE field staff with specific assistance on building and maintaining a strong facility and LGA level capacity.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Social Science, Medical Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems Technology or a related field.
- A postgraduate degree is desirable
- At least five (5) or more years post NYSC experience in Software Development, Database Management or Health Informatics
- Familiarity with USAID/PEPFAR HIV/AIDS programs, Nigerian public sector health system and HIV/AIDS response.
Required Abilities / Skills:
- Competency in skills listed below. Additional skills will be an added advantage outside these preferences of programming languages. (Java or other web/mobile related technologies, Spring Boot, React Framework or other frontend web frameworks, and Database Management with PostgreSQL or MySQL).
- High-level software analysis and design skills.
- Cooperative, competent, hardworking, flexible and dependable in a multi-cultural, open office situation;
- Self-motivated and proactive with a positive attitude to work;
- Ability to organize and coordinate information and logistics for programs and activities.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Ability to mentor and train colleagues in software design and deployment processes.
- Familiarity in software debugging and testing.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in basic data management, analysis and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to train and build the capacity of others on Software development and Database management tools and procedures.
- Knowledge of electronic medical records systems and deployment of database systems for patient monitoring
How to Apply
Interested and qualified consultants should send their updated CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title and Location e.g. "Health Informatics Officer, Taraba" as the subject of the email.
- CV and Cover Letter as ONE SINGLE WORD document.
- The title/subject of your email and application should be the position you are applying for.
- Candidates that do not comply with the application instruction will be disqualified.
- Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if a suitable candidate is found.
- Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
- JHU is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Application Deadline 1st September, 2021.