HIV Prevention Program Officer at the Mobile Foundation for Health Security and Rehabilitation Nigeria (MHSR)
Mobile Foundation for Health Security and Rehabilitation Nigeria (MHSR) is a youth-led initiative that focuses on Mobile Health Services, Sexual Health Education, Mobile HIV /STI Screening, Human Right and Advocacy, Capacity Building, Mental Health, Research and Documentation, Establishment of support groups and rehabilitation of Key Population through housing initiative for community that are most at risk to infection and diseases especially the Adolescents. MHSR is a nonprofit, nongovernmental organization dedicated to giving mobile health services, doing research, training, and advocacy for vulnerable groups especially Key Populations to improve their health and build their capacity for a better standard of living. MHSR was founded on March 1st, 2014 and aims to reach Key Populations with quality HIV holistic services through collaborations with partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HIV Prevention Program Officer
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are seeking to recruit an HIV Prevention Program officer: Program Unit who will be responsible for the design and implementation of HIV Testing Services (HTS), prevention services, safe & ethical index testing among Key populations.
- S/he will oversee the community-level activity and work closely with the cART Team in compliance with national and donor guidelines and policies.
- S/he will provide technical support and oversight to ensure excellent service delivery.
- Support collaboration among partners, CSO/FBOs/MOH, responsible for the implementation of minimum prevention package intervention (MPPI) for the key populations.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the design and implementation of HIV Testing Services, Safe and Ethical Index Testing, HIVST, & Prevention Services.
- Ensure a Differentiated Service Delivery Module for Key Population.
- Provide technical support and oversight on community-based activities
- Work with the state MOH to develop, review, and deploy HIV Prevention, HTS, Safe & Ethical Index Testing, guidelines, training curricula, & SOPs in line with national and program directives for Key Population.
- Support advocacy, demand creation/ awareness on program impact to necessary stakeholders in the state.
- Report routine report at an assigned timeline
- Work closely with the cART Team to ensure 95% linkage to ART.
- Responsible for the implementation of minimum prevention package intervention (MPPI) for Key populations.
- Responsible for developing the program’s client centered activities
- Work closely with the SI team to review Program Progress on a routine basis.
Key Working Relationships:
- Direct Supervisor: ADMIN Manager
- Indirect Supervisor: Executive Director
- Supervises: Program Assistant/ HTS-Lead & HTS Counselor/ Testers.
Qualifications and Skills
- BSc in Public Health / relevant Health related course or Social Sciences field with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in implementing HIV Prevention, programs plus a technical experience with community-level programs
- Familiarity with USAIDS programming and principles
- Must be adaptable and can work well in a high- pressure situations
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills required
- Excellent analytic, organizational and computer skills; skilled In MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government and civil society partners and communities as well as transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through workshops, training and meetings using participatory methods and adult learning principles
- Experience in supporting HIV Testing and Counselling programs in health facilities, mobile units and community outreaches
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one PDF document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Application Deadline 27th August, 2022.
- Use your personal email address.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the Job Title clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- MHSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Disclaimer: MHSRdoes not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview