Hotel Receptionist at Bolton White Hotels and Apartments
Bolton White Hotel is a leading hospitality company located in the the heartland of Nigeria, approximately 30 minutes' drive from the Nnamdi Azikiwe International airport, about 5 minutes drive from the international Conference Center/ National Assembly complex and the Federal Secretariat. The hotel has 176 comfortable and stylish luxury bedrooms, en-suite self-catering rooms, great cooling system in all rooms, writing desk and satellite TV, tea/coffee making facilities, direct-detail telephone/modern and Wi-Fi. Non-smoking rooms available on request. It has various conference and banqueting facilities available with seating capacity from 160 to 200 for conference and banqueting. Each venue is air conditioned, with standard audio visual equipment, available on request.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Hotel Receptionist
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Duties and Responsibilities
- Processes reservations by mail, telephone, or central reservation systems referral.
- Get vital information from guest to complete their profile i.e. email, telephone numbers, work or home address; place of work etc.
- Work in conjunction with housekeeping and other departments to ensure all rooms are clean and well-furnished to accommodate guests.
- Knows the sellingstatus, rates, and benefits of allpackagesplans.
- Knows thecreditpolicy of the hotel and how to code each reservation.
- Creates and maintains reservation records by date of arrival and alphabetical listing.
- Determinesroom ratesbased on the selling tactics of the hotel.
- Prepares letters of confirmation.
- Handles daily correspondence. Responds to inquiries and makes reservations as needed.
- Makes sure that files are kept up to date.
- Maintains a clean and neat appearance and work area at all times.
- Upsell additional facilities when appropriate
- Maintain up to date records of all guests in house.
- Check out guests at the end of their stay, check billing instructions and collect payment.
- Check in guests and provide information about the hotel. For instance: Restaurant, Gym, Business Centre tec.
- Knows the type of rooms available as well as their location and layout.
- Promotesgoodwillby beings courteous, friendly, and helpful to guests, mangers, and fellow employees.
- Tracks future room availability on the basis of reservations, and helps develop forecasts for room revenue and occupancy.
- To be aware of all front office procedures and assist withreceptionduties when required.
- To be fully aware of and adhere to health andsafety,fireand bomb threat procedures.
- Processes cancellations and modifications and promptly relays this information to the front desk.
- Understands the hotel's policy onguaranteed reservationsandno-shows.
- Processes advance deposits on reservations.
- Tracks future room availabilities on the basis of reservations.
- Helps develop room revenue andoccupancyforecasts.
- Prepares expected arrival list for front office use.
- Assists in preregistration activities when appropriate.
- Monitors advances deposit requirements.
- Perform any other works as and when assigned by the management.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1 - 2 years of work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV, Application Letter and Passport Photograph to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
Application Deadline 21st May, 2022.