HR Intern at MainOne Cable
MainOne Cable is a leading facilitator and preferred provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions such as Connectivity and Data Center Solutions to Telecom operators, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), other businesses and Government institutions across West Africa.
MainOne Cable's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business. A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Intern
Department: Corporate Services & Development
Job Type: Contract
HR Intern (Recruitment and Performance Management)
- The HR Intern (Recruitment and Selection) will provide administrative support for Main One’s recruitment activities facilitating the timely placement of the right candidates with the company. The HR Intern will also support the performance management function.
Specific responsibilities shall include the following:
Recruitment and Selection:
- Support hiring units to make requisitions on the Company’s Recruitment Portal.
- Ensure all assigned roles have a detailed JD.
- Post internal and external vacancies .
- Source for potential candidates for assigned cadres through online channels (e.g. social platforms)
- Maintain an unsolicited CVs database by reviewing weekly the general HR mailboxes for unsolicited applications and CVs, screening and sorting suitable CVs for further review.
- Maintain a talent and succession database to create a pipeline for all roles across the company’s functions/departments, especially hard to fill/ critical roles.
- Draft employment contracts for assigned levels.
- Obtain and assess credentials of candidates.
- Support the coordination of the new hire orientation and onboarding process
- Carry out a quarterly update of the talent database, for hard to fill/ critical roles across the company’s functions/departments.
- Track recruitment statistics and generate weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for assigned roles.
- Conduct initial CV sifts and shortlist candidates for assigned grade levels.
- Conduct first level telephone interviews to screen candidates when required.
- Shortlist and summarize CVs for easier evaluation before sending to hiring departmental heads.
- Administer psychometric tests or similar tests that assess the applicant’s personality fit for all sales candidates.
- Coordinate assessment tests and interview sessions for successful candidates.
- Compile test scores/results and upload assessment scripts on the recruitment portal.
- Coordinate interview sessions for successful candidates.
- Provide feedback to candidates within the stipulated process turnaround time.
- Manage and track the receipts of references for confirmation purposes.
- Follow up with line managers to retrieve probationary reports on employees due for confirmation.
- Prepare letters of confirmation monthly for approved confirmed employees.
- Manage the performance management cycle for junior employees (interns and service assistants).
- Track performance management outcomes for the assigned cadre and ensure they are implemented.
- Provide support for HR Special Projects including conducting research as required.
- Complete other ad-hoc tasks that may be assigned.
HR Intern (Learning and Development)
- The HR Intern (Learning and Development) will provide administrative support for MainOne’s Learning and Development function facilitating a smooth implementation of the company’s training plan to maintain a skilled and productive workforce.
Specific responsibilities include:
Learning and Development:
- Coordinate learning and development programs for employees
- Conduct post training evaluation analysis.
- Support the implementation of approved trainings, learning and development plans, for employees and teams.
- Maintenance of a Knowledge Management/Sharing Database
- Provide administrative support for ITF submissions
- Attend to all training related enquiries from employees
- Keep up to date with developments in learning and development.
- Research for and/or develop training materials for in-house courses as required.
- Support in the delivery of learning and development programs as required.
- Assign licenses to employees to access courses on the learning hub
- Tracking of training completion
- Provide support on HR Special Projects including conducting research as required.
- Complete other ad-hoc tasks that may be assigned.
Qualifications, Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field of social science or Humanities.
- At least 1 year of relevant experience is required.
Skills and Competencies:
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent Communication skills – written, oral and presentation.
- Interpersonal and teamworking skills
- Interviewing Skills
- Research Skills
- Proficiency in MS Office especially MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Prioritization and time management skills to manage multiple conflicting activities and accomplish the desired end results within stipulated timelines.
Demands of the Job:
- Constant awareness of sensitivity and confidentiality involved in the function.
- Attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and meet tight deadlines when required.
- Ability to follow instructions closely to meet set milestones and deliver on time.
- High-level of initiative and creativity in discharging assigned tasks.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply