HSSE (Health, Safety, Security and Environment) Officer at Vagan Oil and Gas Limited
Vagan Oil and Gas Limited is a Nigerian Private Limited liability Company registered under the Companies Acts of 1990, In line with the policies of the Nigerian service provision. The company core area of operation is to provide a broad spectrum of services ranging from Engineering, Pipeline & Flowline Construction / Repairs, Facility piping and maintenance, Wellhead & Christmas tree maintenance and servicing, Composite wrap technology, Equipment & Offshore/Marine Supplies etc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HSSE (Health, Safety, Security and Environment) Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- An External Transit Center (ETC) HSSE Supervisor/Coach must be a seasoned and experienced HSE professional with not less than 5-years of professional safety experience in oil and gas, hospitality, education, construction, energy or transportation industry.
- Deep knowledge of the SCiN COVID-19 Combination of Controls and a drive to support the External Transit Center (ETC) users in order to ensure that they are fully aware of the requirements to maintain and operationalize the controls will be an enabling advantage.
Key Upskilling Dispositions Are:
- HSE Coaches must undergo Coaching, Engaging Differently and Effective Report Writing refresher training
- All Coaches must be fully resident in the ETC and observe all the COVID-19 protocols themselves. However, they are expected to ‘patrol’ the ETC to ensure compliance of residents with the COVID-19 Combination of Controls for COVID19 (COoCO).
- They must be especially visible – observing operationalization of CooCO at key transition points / where there is a risk of compromising the “bubble” and ensuring that everyone - themselves, the Medic, hotel staff, and security personnel, primary and secondary logistics drivers, etc. comply strictly with the COoCO.
- As discrete observation is key, the use of Coaching and Engaging differently techniques with respect for people are key considerations for achieving successful behavioral interventions. With emphasis on understanding and taking learning from weak signals, such interventions must be documented and reported by the ETC Coaches to the ETC Project Manager and team. This reporting is in the spirit of learner mindset, with sustainable actions taken to prevent re-occurrence of these mistakes or failures; it is believed that behavior will change and the robustness of the COoCO will be achieved.
- Escalation to Leadership for possible consequence management should be considered for repeat/unrepentant offenders. In delivering ETC Coaching services, the ETC coach must work in collaboration with the onsite Medic.
- A First Degree in Engineering or any Science
- Adept at working with Enterprise Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Skype, MS Teams); SharePoint, excel, and smart phones
- Must be a level-3 certificate holder in HSE-MS planning, implementation, and auditing, and member of any local or international safety professional bodies or emergency response institutes such as NISP, NEBOSRH, OPITO Emergency Accredited Training Centers, Nigerian Red Cross Society, UK-Ambulance Brigade, RoSPA, UK-s HSE Examination Boards, OHSAS, BSI, ISM, IRCA, etc
Specifically, He / She Will:
- The ETC Coaches must have demonstrated HSE Intervention skills, use of the Engaging Differently tool as this is key in delivering effective ETC Coaching services.
- In summary the HSE Coach must be skilled in Engaging Differently, with the ability to influence behavior without administrative authority.
- A passionate personality that is yet empathic
- Respects and values opinions of others, a person of integrity, and good at Coaching and Mentoring;
- A commitment to continuing own professional development, and a learner’s mindset; The ability to work and deliver despite pressures of tight deadlines.
- The ability to create and maintain cordial working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Good understanding of legislation, statutory requirements, and information management such as Data Privacy, etc.
- Working hours are usually 12 hours a day, Monday to Sunday on a biweekly roster in Shell or third-party facilities.
- Must not be more than 55years old.
- Effective in liaison between Shell’s team, colleagues, and third-party hotel/facility owners.
- Good monitoring and reporting implementation of controls and performance as well as highlighting trends Soft skills required:
- Problem-solving, good analytical, and presentation skills;
- Good Communication & team-working disposition;
- Good organizational and Networking skills;
- Flexible, adaptable, and a fast learner;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 21st September, 2021.