Human Resource Manager at Buckler Ordnance Systems Limited
Buckler Ordnance Systems Limited is a Nigerian defense solutions provider with strong expertise in manufacturing civilian armored vehicles, design, and prototyping of military vehicles and ordnance equipment.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Location: Sangotedo, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Partners with the ED, CGHR to develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization.
- Translates business strategy and objectives into goals and plans that are aligned with business imperatives and the organization’s Mission, Vison, Aspiration and Values.
- Assists the ED, CGHR in overseeing full spectrum of Corporate Affairs related matters.
- Plans, organizes and controls all activities of the HR department.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Ensures all direct reports work collaboratively with the Buckler team and regional offices on recruitment, employee relations issues, corrective action and performance management needs.
- Supports current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital.
- Develops and administers various human resources plan and procedures for all company personnel.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures organization's compliance.
- Develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures.
- Annually reviews, updates and implements all HR policies, procedures and programmes.
- Bridges management and employee relations gaps by ensuring demands, grievances or other issues are adequately addressed.
- Ensures smooth operations of all HR and administrative responsibilities.
- Coaches other management team in the application of company values and culture in their teams.
- Advises, challenges and supports the senior management on HR related matters, based on high ethical standards.
- Drives, challenge and support senior management team in change management, employee engagement, organizational, culture and people development initiatives.
- Provides proactive leadership and creative insights to clarify and resolve complex business HR issues.
- Actively participates in company-wide projects and HR projects.
- Nurtures a positive working environment.
- Supervises the process of payroll and benefits administration
- Provides decision making and strategic support to Line Manager and Executive Management team through HR metrics.
- Evaluates reports, decisions, and results of department initiatives in relation to established goals.
- Constantly identifies opportunities where HR can support business objectives and drive tactical HR partnerships with other departments
Corporate Affairs / Administration:
- Closely monitors the reputation and positive image of Buckler Group.
- Develops communication plans, press releases and organising press conferences when required on all employee related issues.
- Champions the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility direction.
- Ensures complete spectrum of the employee life experience from the recruitment and selection process effectively communicates the company’s positive image.
- Provides strategic communication advice.
Team Management and Development:
- Sets an excellent standard in maintaining and building upon company values and culture.
- Effectively communicates the company and departmental objectives and standards of performance to all direct reports.
- Establishes training and development programs for all HR Officers and develop strategies to ensure there is continuous learning on the job.
- Ensures all HR Officers are versatile in different aspects of Human Resource Management.
- Reviews all inputs from direct reports which are sent to the ED, CGHR.
- Best fit candidate must demonstrate resourcefulness in HR and Business related areas.
- Develops the Human Resources & Administration team by creating an inspiring team environment fostering engagement and high performance.
- Inspires the Team members to achieve set standards and business objectives.
- HR related professional qualification (such as CIPM, CIPD, SHRM etc).
- At least 5 years work experience and a minimum of 3 years managing & leading a high-performance team.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 3rd January, 2022.