Human Resource Manager at UnoCasa Limited
UnoCasa Limited - Our team comprises vibrant individuals who are passionate about providing strategic human resources support to businesses. Our drive is business success and because we know a chain is only as strong as its weakest link, we engage your team to ensure weak links do not exist.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Human Resource Manager
Ref Id: HRM_0520
Reports To: General Manager
HR Manager Duties and Responsibilities
- The Human Resources head oversee the daily operation of the Human Resources office. Responsible for areas of Recruiting, Employee Relations, Benefits, Events, Workers Compensation and other employee-related tasks.
- Additionally responsible for short and long term planning of all the HR related functions like workforce planning, recruitment, staffing strategies, wage and salary administration, associate and labour relations, benefits, workforce training and development etc.
- To ensure that the company HR operational policies and processes are adhered to and continually improved.
- To assist in all activities concerning the sourcing & recruitment of staff, performance management, staff discipline and HR administration.
- To coordinate all matters of employee work permits and visas.
- Conduct needs analysis, develop, implement, and monitor training programs and materials.
- Encourages a good standard of employee conduct and behaviour and coordinates disciplinary procedure as and when necessary.
- Ensures appraisals are carried out for every employee every 12 months or as per hotels management policy, and also reviews all appraisals and follows up on development needs, if required.
- Assist in communication of key messages to all staff.
- Assist in recruitment and hiring of all employee.
- Issue staff or training experience and conduct certificates.
- Assists in the administration of the Hotel's social and staff benefit programs Eg: Employee of the Month, Leader of the Month, and other staff incentives.
- Provide guidance to the leadership team regarding employee morale, employee relations, coaching, counselling and discipline.
- Promote employee communication activities and channels, to encourage and enable feedback from staff.
- Maintain a positive relationship with staff representatives and ensure any employee grievances are monitored and resolved.
- Responsible for all back office and administration tasks of the department.
- Oversee the management of the recruiting process including position management, advertising, working with community agencies.
- Develops and maintains confidential departmental staff and associated files, documents, pay scale details and/or other important databases.
- Ability to remain calm and courteous in demanding situations.
- To coordinate and / or conduct departmental training and conduct new hire hotel orientation program.
- Implement corporate policies and procedures on compensation, incentive, bonus and benefits.
- Continually assesses employee morale by analysing absenteeism and turnover records, lateness and resignations.
- Coordinate and oversee all matters related to staff accommodation, facilities, and transport.
- Coordinates, controls and inspects employee’s accommodation, staff canteen, rest rooms etc. ensuring it is of the highest possible standard of cleanliness and comfort.
- Coordinate employee wellness and safety programs.
- Assists other department heads / HOD's in the formulation of HR policies and procedures for their respective departments.
- Assists with and ensures that all procedures concerning promotion, transfer and staff resignation is carried on within Company policy and also within legal boundaries.
- Assists in developing and conducting management training on a variety of leadership and HR topics.
- Assists in overseeing preparation of reports required by government agencies.
- Oversee Workers Compensation programs, ensuring claims and reports are submitted in a timely basis.
- Support operational efforts through proper staffing and training of associates.
- Assist with planning, coordinating and executing employee activities and events, including monthly staff meeting, food festivals, annual picnic, holiday party, Wellness Fair, farewell party, community services etc.
- Have a Strong background in employment, employee relations, benefits, wages and salary, employee training, accident prevention, and government regulations and policies.
- Strong written communication skills required with an understanding and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Four-year college degree in Human Resources or Bachelor's degree or Master's Degree education.
- Well versed in HR and Payroll Management Systems (HRIS Systems).
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office, HRIS system, Applicant Tracking system, and online recruiting resources.
- Five years Human Resources management experience required preferably in the hospitality industry and minimum experience of 1 to 2 year in the same position at 4 Star or 5 Star Hotel.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
using "HRM_0520" as email subject.
18th May, 2020.