Human Resources Manager - Downstream in a Prominent Oil and Gas Company
Oasis Africa Consulting Limited - Our client is a prominent player in the Nigerian Oil and Gas industry, the company’s operations span across major businesses in the Oil and Gas value chain.
They are recruiting a business oriented individual to join their downstream business in the capacity below:
Job Title: Human Resources Manager - Downstream
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Assists in updating and executing the HC strategies, policies and processes in line with the company’s business strategy, key business objectives and pertinent labour laws
- Communicates approved strategies, policies and procedures to business leaders and staff and monitors compliance and adoption
- Keeps abreast of relevant legislative, regulatory and environmental changes to ensure that the business remains compliant
- Advises Heads of Business Divisions and Units on staffing and development to ensure optimal returns on investments in people
- Supports HR staff in delivering the people management mandate in line with key deliverables specified in Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Discusses critical HR information requirements with Business Division and/or Unit leaders and supports the generation of the appropriate information outputs to meet them
- Monitors the Company’s Human Capital Information Management Systems and their outputs to ensure they remain fit for purpose and current
- Coordinates exit management and implementation of appropriate processes and practices.
- Involved in agreeing key performance management objectives with management, identifying Human Capital strategies and measures to deliver agreed imperatives
- Coordinates the periodic Group performance reviews and moderation exercises. Reports and advises leadership on their implications for operational performance, succession management and employee engagement.
- Works with the Heads of Business Divisions or Units and Line managers, to design and implement staff training & development strategies and plans to ensure identified needs are addressed with suitable training interventions
- Assists with preparing the annual Human Capital budget and plan, and supports implementation
- Supports the definition of the corporate culture and underlying values for the business
- Supports implementation of programmes and change interventions to drive corporate values and organisational culture
- Implements merit-based compensation system to support the Company’s reward philosophy as well as its talent attraction and retention strategies. Drives benchmarking activities and reports on findings and business implications
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree / HND in any Social Sciences, Humanities, Business Administration disciplines
- Professional certification in Human Resources from the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management (CIPM) Nigeria or its overseas equivalent (e.g. HR Certification Institute (HRCI), Chartered Institute of Personnel Development (CIPD))
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience in a senior generalist HR/HC role in a similar organization.
- A relevant postgraduate degree (e.g. MSc in HRM, Management with HR focus or MBA).
Pay is competitive.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply